Endurance Real Estate Group, LLC is looking to hire a Development Manager / Vice President of Development. Primary responsibilities will involve leading industrial projects through the land development process as well as project management and construction related activities.
Key Land Development responsibilities include:
- Manage the land development process including site identification, sourcing/preparing conceptual layouts, sourcing/preparing development feasibility studies, contracting, coordination, and management of the design and entitlements process with civil engineering firms and land use attorneys, and meeting and coordinating with municipal and outside permitting agencies to obtain full entitlements
- Prepare pre-development and construction phase budgets and schedules
- Evaluate and pursue tax and other development incentive opportunities
- Work with leasing and investment sales brokers to prepare development projects for marketing
Key Project Management / Construction responsibilities include:
- Prepare construction specifications and source and evaluate contractor bids through to General Contractor selection.
- Work with architects and other design consultants as necessary
- Work with contractors to pursue value engineering opportunities
- Negotiate construction contracts along with company-outside counsel
- Provide executive level updates to management or other stakeholders on project phase progress, budget vs. actual project expenditures status, change orders, proposed scope changes, and other key issues
- Review project submittals and requests for information
- Review and approve change orders, contractor payment applications and other project invoicing
- Coordinate construction loan draw requests
- Assist asset management in responding to lease proposals and the budgeting, design, and construction oversight for tenant improvement projects
- Assist in the transition from construction-phase to property management-phase
Candidates should have 5+ years of relevant development experience. The candidate will work directly with key company personnel in all aspects of development / construction of projects.
Endurance Real Estate Group, LLC (), founded in 2002, is a Radnor, Pennsylvania-based real estate owner/ developer focused on income and value add industrial opportunities located in the Mid-Atlantic region. Since its formation in 2002, the company has acquired approximately $500 million of assets totaling 10 million SF and sold over 6.2 million SF with a combined value of $350 million. The Development Manager / Vice President of Development will be joining a rapidly expanding, dynamic entrepreneurial organization. This environment offers the ideal candidate the ability to grow their role, experience, and level of responsibility.
Full List of Duties and Responsibilities of Ideal Candidate
- Manage the land development process from site identification through to coordinating civil design, pursuit of entitlements, and construction-phase services.
- Represent the company in meetings with municipalities and outside permitting agencies
- Negotiate scopes of work and professional services agreements for engineering, legal, and other consulting services.
- Preferably candidates must have broad knowledge of industrial asset class (other product types will be considered) and overall familiarity with areas such as entitlement planning, building design and construction, zoning, financial analysis, budgeting, and overall financing performance.
- Experience working with environmental issues preferred.
- Ability to estimate soft and hard costs.
Project Management / Construction
- Provide executive level updates to management or other stakeholders on project phase progress, budget vs. actual project expenditures status, change orders, proposed scope changes, and other key issues.
- Review contracts, contractor requisitions, change order and draw requests.
- Reviews and participates in General Contractor selection and in the negotiation of contracts.
- Track actual costs against budgets and update cost projects and risks monthly.
- Ensure timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigate the cause and effect of potential problems and opportunities, and assess key factors to enable management to make informed decisions on projects.
- Assists with technical and financial briefings to equity and other financial partners.
- Provide on-site support for timely completion of projects, including monitoring inspections, submittals, change orders, requests for information, construction change directives, commissioning, schedule, and construction quality.
- Manage tenant build-out construction projects, and work with the leasing and asset management teams in preparation of lease proposals.
Other Skills Required
- Demonstrated experience with the full cycle of the development process.
- Applicant must be a detail-oriented person with excellent analytical skills and ideally be proficient with Excel and due diligence skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred. Degrees in architecture, engineering, construction management, business and real estate planning preferred.
- Candidate should ideally have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in commercial real estate or related fields.
- Team player, with exceptional communication and organizational skills and eager to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strategic, creative thinker with a track record of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Computer skills with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to review and understand construction drawings.
- Ability to multi-task several projects across multiple properties.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage competing and often unanticipated deadlines.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Endurance offers an excellent benefits package including vacation and sick pay, matching simple IRA, business casual work environment, and medical benefits.
- Project Management
This job is no longer active.