Dream is looking for a Director, Development (Condo/Mixed Use)
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join its thriving community. Dream’s growing development business is seeking an entrepreneurial and accomplished construction professional with development process experience to help lead the successful execution of a variety of high profile and exciting projects across the greater GTA area. This role will report to the VP, Condo and Mixed Use Development to help lead its Condo and Mixed Use residential developments.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening in Dream, and it’s happening fast. Have you successfully delivered large scale condo and mixed use projects? Do you possess a proven ability to lead engineering, procurement, estimators, construction and construction management? Do you have a good understanding of the development process? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
As a natural leader, you are able to motivate others to deliver results, including other executives, employees, construction and development partners. You are a construction expert who can manage all aspects of a project from vision to completion, while efficiently and effectively managing competing priorities, deadlines, budgets.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to make a difference and inspire others to do great things. In other words, we want you to fit in. This is a chance for you to take on big responsibilities, be a part of exciting new opportunities, and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun. Are you ready?
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
• In partnership with the VP, you will lead and guide condo and mixed use projects from inception to completion.
• Responsible for monitoring and reviewing Construction Manager’s work as it relates to budgets and schedules, identify project risks and provide mitigation strategies.
• Direct the activities of architects, planners, engineers, estimators, and other consultants.
• Preparation of cost estimates, budget updates, and change order reports on a monthly basis.
• Control of project documentation and historical data regarding construction and development.
• Lead project planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimation, and cost monitoring.
• Train, mentor and guide construction managers, consultants, project lenders, and internal development partners.
• Help to develop and inspire an engaged and high performing team of project managers.
• Solicit construction managers, general contractors to obtain RFPs for new projects.
• Provide initial project budgets and provide updates throughout the duration of the project
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
• A post-secondary degree in engineering, architecture or construction management.
• 5-7 years’ experience, preferably in Development or Construction firms leading major capital projects with an established record of success in increasing responsibility in management positions, 5 years of which have been in a managerial capacity.
• Extensive experience in the Site Plan Approval process.
• Strong experience in risk design/build, construction and construction management programs.
• Strong commercial acumen demonstrated by world class project management skills, effective contract negotiations, management partners and clients.
• Someone who embraces a dynamic work environment where you are called upon to contribute to a wide variety of projects.
• Ability to prepare an RFP analysis, budget, schedules.
• Someone who will provide leadership and train junior staff and help in their career development.
Who are we?
Our award-winning Urban Development division is focused on developing forward-thinking condominium communities in urban centres across Canada, particularly in Toronto and Saskatoon. Our multi-residential communities integrate retail and compelling public spaces to create authentic urban villages.
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with approximately $14 billion of assets under management in Canada and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach sets us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners, so we make sure to provide them with engaging work and to encourage them to share their ideas that will help us shape the company.
Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.
This is your invitation to make a difference. We’re looking forward to helping you grow.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job