The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking an Associate Director of Real Estate Services. The Associate Director will assist in handling the real estate activities for the Federation’s diverse portfolio, primarily located in the Detroit metropolitan area. The portfolio includes multiple properties, with 2.3 million square feet of space, valued at approximately $400 million. The properties include office buildings, schools, elderly apartments, a community center, camps, a theater, and University Hillels.
• Oversee the Federation’s newly centralized property management function. Direct the outsourced property management firm.
• Develop real estate operating and capital budgets for the properties.
• Develop capital plans to address deferred maintenance items, and work with the team on numerous projects currently in process. Monitor compliance with preventative maintenance plans, going forward.
• Identify cost savings opportunities and efficiencies to reduce real estate costs.
• Oversee new construction and renovation projects.
• Provide specifications, scope of project, and obtain bids.
• Act as Owner’s Representative to track project activity, coordinate with agency Building Committees, architects, and engineers, and process documents for payment to contractors.
• Direct the lease activity for the Federation Building, including negotiating leases and renewals, and tenant improvements.
• Assist with real estate transactions, including purchases and sales of properties.
• Help to coordinate the Real Estate / Capital Needs Committee meetings. Report on the status of projects, and prepare requests for approval.
• Establish strong working relationships with Committee members, agency Directors, tenants, facility staff, vendors, contractors, and architects.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of five years of property management experience. Also experience in project management and construction.
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction and building systems, including HVAC systems, roofs, parking lots, plumbing, electrical, etc. Knowledge of building codes and zoning requirements.
• Strong budgeting and financial skills
• Strong cost cutting and negotiation skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinker
• Supervisory skills
• Customer service and communication skills
• Strong team player and ability to work well with others
• Proven organizational and planning skills
• Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Capital Markets
- Project Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.