Client Consultants act as trusted advisors to our clients; it is via this platform that consultants take responsibility and ownership of the client relationship. Consultants look to develop deep linkages with our clients, and work hard to deliver service that is personalized, of high quality, and strongly valued.
Consultants help clients make best use of our products in the context of their investment process and their business goals. Consultants are rewarded by client satisfaction that results in a high retention rate, opportunities to grow the relationship, a strong impact in the pre sales process as a product expert and most importantly as an industry expert that clients rely upon to get the most value out of IPD products and services.
The individual will be responsible for developing and supporting the suite of IPD performance and risk analytics and market information services, with a strong focus on the portfolio Analysis Service, sharing best practices, explaining complex analytics to clients, recommending benchmarking best practices and partnering with the sales team to provide expertise in client engagements and pre-sales activities.
Successful candidates will have a good knowledge of the real estate asset class, a thorough understanding of performance and risk analysis, highly quantitative skills, and an ability to guide clients to better use our products and make more informed decisions. The successful candidate must be adaptable, able to lead efforts by cross-functional teams to solve clients' problems and must be able to represent MSCI at all levels of management at clients, including senior officers in the institutions' real estate teams.
This role is highly visible with responsibility for achieving high levels of market awareness and recognition for MSCI's Real Estate services.
Client types will span pension funds, insurance companies, fund managers and banks. The candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of client relationships in a client facing role suiting candidates who are keen to stay close to how companies make develop and manage their real estate strategies and then bring insights and best practices to those client organizations.
Employee performance assessment is primarily based on the pro-active services and ideas from the consultant to improve client experience, secure renewals and help grow client relationships with up-sales.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Manage relationships within the MSCI Real Estate client base in Canada; implement strategic plans to ensure client retention.
- Identify opportunities to increase client usage of our products and identify new users. Work closely with the sales team on potential sales opportunities. Assist in campaigns on new product placement.
- Conduct Presentations to clients for results of PAS, training, contract renewal meetings, and sales meetings.
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction.
- Proactively engage with senior clients to keep them informed of our product roadmap with a view on how our development efforts will help them achieve their business goals; proactively solicit client feedback regarding product requirements. Create a annual plan by client to ensure revenue growth and client retention Single point of contact for all non-update cycle client queries.
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales and Research groups.
- Design and specify future product development needs for internal Product Development group.
- Provide subject matter expertise in pre-sales/up-sell/on-boarding activities.
- Respond to detailed client enquiries about methodologies and analytics, including the logging of issues in Salesforce.
- Maintain and communicate accurate records regarding client interaction activities
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency in excel
- Knowledge of Consultative Sales
- Ability to present to executive level clients
- Very strong analytical, communication and time management skills
- Strong understanding of global real estate, financial markets and real estate debt
- Relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment in the real estate /financial services
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the year
- Bachelor's Degree required ideally from finance/engineering/mathematical background; Postgraduate degree (PhD, MBA or MSc) or Professional qualification (CFA, FRM);
- French Language skills a plus
- Investor Relations
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.