Metro 1 is a full-service real estate organization with a clear vision to shape neighborhoods and develop sustainable cities through brokerage, management, development & community engagement. Metro 1 excels at shaping neighborhoods by identifying new, emerging markets and enhancing these communities through investment, strategic marketing and by introducing new, independent businesses and the creative class into the neighborhood mix. Metro 1 is seeking to secure a self-motivated, proactive, organized individual with a great attitude and excellent accounting skills to fill the role of Senior Staff Accountant. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for overall accounting and financial reporting for a rapidly growing commercial real estate brokerage, management and investment firm based in Wynwood. Some asset management functions will also be required for a sizable holding of real estate investment assets.
- Full-scale accounting duties, including general ledger accounting, intercompany and accrual vs. cash basis management reports, analytical testing and validation of accounting data for all brokerage operations.
- Responsible for supporting senior management in producing and preparing all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for brokerage operations accounting including ad-hoc management information reports and provide broker, agents and outside broker deal reconciliations to outline brokerage and agent splits and commissions and accounts receivable from installment sales account analysis.
- Work scope requires an integrated approach and creating accounting workpapers to track revenue streams from SalesForce CRM and historical brokerage deal accounting software.
- Perform current and historical commercial brokerage and deal analyses and related reconciliations and supporting workpapers for brokerage installment sales.
- Post cash received to brokerage deal commission deposits and related agent payables and/or payments to outside brokers.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for brokerage and related marketing and operational costs, budget vs. actual.
- Provide assistance in preparing periodic commercial deal forecasts and annual budgets.
- Provide year-end tax and audit/review schedules and detail deal reconciliation information to outside CPA firm.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for brokerage and investment holding entity accounting entities and related intercompany workpapers.
- Cash Control for brokerage and owners’ equity: review cash balances, prepare cash projections and advise senior management of funds available for check processing.
- Treasury Management: Advise senior management of brokerage and equity funding needs. Monitor intercompany accounts for borrowed funding.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for all brokerage deals.
- Maintain vendor files with required information and form W-9s. Prepare and submit Form 1099 tax filings at year end.
- Process invoices per bi-weekly schedule.
- Ensure timely reporting and payment of sales tax.
- Issue monthly tenant invoices and related late charge adjustments.
- Coordinate invoice and collection efforts with AR manager, as needed.
- Work on a regular basis with agents, vendors, property management and asset management to clearly communicate to ensure accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting on both cash and accrual basis.
- Prepare real estate tax and insurance escrow analysis as needed.
- Process replacement reserve reimbursement requests as needed.
- Ensure timely payment of mortgages and real estate taxes.
- Perform invoice processing and weekly check runs and review monthly payables and bi-monthly brokerage receivables report.
- Establish and maintain co-operative and collaborative relationships with internal and external parties.
- Identify opportunities for system / process efficiencies and / or enhancements.
- Manage an integrated accounting software for brokerage and investments in the next 6-12 months.
- Meet pre-determined deadlines with targeted work products within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment filled while managing competing priorities.
- Ideal candidate will possess a Minimum of 3 years of direct, hands-on commercial brokerage and property management accounting experience working for commercial brokerage / property management / investment company.
- Minimum of 5-7 working for a public accounting firm or related financial experience (i.e. banking, real estate development firm where a strong familiarity with HUDs, Commercial Lease Agreements and related financial deal reconciliations are standard practice.)
- Bachelor of Accounting degree from a four-year accredited university.
- Ideal candidate will possess a CPA or be a CPA candidate.
- Strong financial accounting software and systems knowledge is required to migrate to new accounting software in the next six (6) months.
- Rent Manager property accounting software experience preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem solving skills and be detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce CRM or related software application is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ARGUS and/or Yardi software or similar application a plus.
About Metro 1
Metro 1, based in Wynwood, is South Florida’s premier urban real estate leader and offers a collaborative and progressive work environment that encourages all employees to actively participate in the company. Metro 1 believes in long-term relationships with its employees and offers opportunities for growth and education.
Compensation: Highly Competitive/Commensurate with Professional Skills, Background and Experience.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job