Real Estate Private Equity Analyst
Company: RXR Realty
Description: Fund Investment and Development
Position: Analyst – Investments Team
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Manhattan, NY
RXR is a New York-based, approximately 500-person, vertically integrated private real estate operating and development company with expertise in a wide array of value creation activities, including distressed investments, uncovering value in complex transactions, structured finance investments, and real estate development. RXR’s core growth strategy is focused on New York City and the surrounding region. RXR is one of the largest owners, managers, and developers in the New York Metropolitan area. The RXR platform manages 73 commercial real estate properties and investments with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $17.9 billion, comprising approximately 23.4 million square feet of commercial operating properties and approximately 6,000 multi-family and for sale units in the New York Metropolitan area.
RXR is comprised of members of the former senior management and operating team of Reckson, a 50-year local franchise which was a NYSE-listed REIT from May 1995 until January 2007 when SL Green acquired Reckson for in excess of $6 billion, generating an over 700% total return to Reckson’s shareholders.
RXR is seeking an analyst for the Investments Team. The individual will work closely with the team to help assist in underwriting equity and debt investment opportunities of all asset classes across the risk-reward spectrum. The analyst will partner with junior- and senior-level professionals on various projects at all stages of the investment process.
- Create sophisticated financial models of new acquisitions and developments
- Prepare and present investment committee memoranda
- Assist in the structuring, capitalization, and closing of investments
- Conduct market research and due diligence on a variety of potential transactions
- 2-3 years of experience working in real estate finance, acquisitions, or investment banking
- Major in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics
- Passion for real estate and finance
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical ability
- Willingness to learn in a demanding, fast-paced environment, often under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (qualification testing will be performed)
- Experience in Argus is a plus
Gross asset value compiled by RXR Realty in accordance with company fair value measurement policy and is comprised of capital by RXR and its partners, as well as leverage.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.