NAI/Merin Hunter Codman, Inc. has an open Property Accountant position in its corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach.
NAI/Merin Hunter Codman, Inc. is a commercial real estate services and investment firm located in Palm Beach County, Florida. The firm was founded in 1992 and has nearly three decades of experience in acquisitions, development, dispositions, leasing, comprehensive property management and corporate services. The firm has strong knowledge and capabilities in all commercial property sectors from office and industrial to retail and land. The firm is a member of NAI Global, the world’s leading commercial real estate network with a presence spanning more than 55 countries around the globe.
Property Accountant Responsibilities:
Performs accounting and reporting duties for commercial properties:
- Prepares monthly financial packages for a portfolio of commercial properties (including assisting PMs with Variance explanations).
- Maintains monthly financial supporting schedules and work papers.
- Records JEs (month-end closing entries, accruals, prepaids, etc.) and reviews GLs to ensure accuracy.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare management fee invoices and rent reconciliation supporting schedules.
- Prepares monthly distribution schedules.
- Prepare monthly lender draws packages.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual lender reporting packages.
- Monthly sales tax returns (preparation & filing).
- Annual CAM reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets.
- Ad hoc financial analyses as needed and directed by Controller and CFO
Qualifications/Experience (full training will be provided):
- Minimum two years general Accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Real estate experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel.
- Proficient in accounting systems and familiarity with Yardi is a plus.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job