An over 25-year old family-owned, South Florida multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm, focused on acquisitions, development, and value-add redevelopment, of multi-family, retail, and office properties.
The Senior Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for leading a team of asset managers and analysts to optimize the performance of the company’s portfolio of multi-family, retail and office properties. The SVP will guide their direct reports in order to evaluate their portfolios, determine the appropriate strategy, and ensure investment decisions are made that maximize returns/values. The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and interact closely with the Chief Investment Officer and ownership.
- Maintain comprehensive oversight of owned assets. Direct the implementation of business plans and objectives, marketing, leasing, and sales plans along with operational and capital improvement investment strategy for each asset. To include budgets, forecasts, monthly performance reports, timelines, and management plans.
- Closely monitor all elements of financial performance; analyze financial statements and make necessary operating adjustments; hire, direct, and supervise third-party management; oversee leasing/marketing teams.
- Manage the execution of the asset’s investment strategy by working alongside various company functions and third-party vendors including the acquisition team, property operations, design and construction, portfolio managers, accounting, investor reporting, and capital markets.
- Conduct frequent site inspections and monitor competition and market conditions; develop, recommend, and implement value-add action plans; supervise the planning, budgeting and control of capital expenditures.
- Assess financial strength of portfolio assets and value-add strategies through sale recommendations, refinancing strategies, or other re-capitalizations; coordinate asset dispositions and execute refinances within the portfolio. Monitor NOI, cash flow, and progress toward achieving leasing and income goals.
- Develop hold/sell recommendations in accordance with corporate objectives and market conditions.
- Oversee and manage all elements of due diligence in the acquisitions process including the coordination, collection, and analysis of due diligence information. Oversee compliance with investor and venture operating agreements and guidelines, management vendor agreements, property purchase agreements, and loan documentation.
- Review 3rd party reports, market analysis and research, and work with team to manage all elements of the diligence and closing process in preparation for closing.
- Strategically evaluate and make recommendations on any new value add opportunities at each asset to optimize investment returns. Work closely with property management and design & construction vendors to oversee effective execution of capital and business plans.
- Oversee the quarterly and annual budgeting process to create, compile, organize, and evaluate budget data; monitor and help administer budget compliance and implementation, including project-specific budgets, draw schedules, and budget estimations.
- Coordinate resolution of insurance and legal matters, lenders, and/or investments in conjunction with risk management policies and strategy.
- Collaborate with outside counsel on all forms of contracts and various documents.
- Minimum 10 years in real estate working in an asset management capacity, the previous several of which should have been in a leadership position with a proven track record of successful asset management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, business administration, finance, or real estate. An MBA with an emphasis on finance, business or real estate is a plus.
- Must possess strong financial analysis skills and demonstrated ability to analyze and implement complex financial models and structures, and evaluation of corresponding risks.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage varied and constantly changing workload in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to set personal and project-specific priorities, be highly organized in day-to-day and longer-term planning and execution, and track and maintain complex schedules.
- Outstanding professional carriage and personal presentation.
- Prior experience in supervision and management of staff is a must; including a team-oriented approach and successful track record of developing effective working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and consultants
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with strong leadership, management, and team-building proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex documents and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, and to negotiate and interface with a diverse constituency.
- Demonstrated success in a demanding institutional environment.
This will be a well-compensated position with a competitive market salary. For consideration, please submit a detailed résumé/CV via Select Leaders.
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job