Mortenson Development, Inc. (MDI) is seeking a Senior Development Analyst to be based in the headquarters office in Minneapolis, MN, and reporting to the head of MDI Capital Markets. Primary responsibilities will entail working closely with MDI’s seven regional development offices and Mortenson Properties, Inc., a commercial real estate investment and management company, on a wide range of new development and acquisition opportunities across several asset classes from inception to exit, or operations.
The Senior Development Analyst will play a key role that will interface with development staff, legal staff, and the MDI executive team. Specific duties will include complex financial modeling, valuations, underwriting, creation of offering memoranda (debt and equity), asset management and capital raising.
- Provide underwriting and evaluation support across multiple property types, including medical office, multifamily, hotel, industrial, mission critical and land asset classes, and alternative investments
- Prepare information memoranda and associated materials for distribution to potential investors and lenders
- Support overall due diligence process, including legal and asset management, from pre-development through completion/disposition
- Develop and implement financial models to support credit analysis
- Conduct analytical work that supports the financing strategies of development opportunities
- Supports the MDI team in identifying areas where processes and procedures can be applied to improve communication and efficiency
- Advanced analytical skills, including the demonstrated ability to perform financial modeling using Microsoft Excel and ARGUS
- Strong underwriting ability, including deep understanding of property valuation utilizing discounted cash flow methodology, submarket fundamental forecasting and comparable analysis. and capital markets
- Sound credit background in commercial real estate and capital markets
- Successful experience in developing and cultivating long-term, mutually beneficial relationships
- Strong people skills with high integrity and a team attitude
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage change effectively
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance or related field
- Capital Markets
This job is no longer active.