The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for providing support to the Group Manager in all areas of management for the assigned properties to include maintenance, property inspections, tenant relations, collections, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, risk management, property improvements, preparation of contracts, collection of certificates of insurance, sales collection and accounts payables. The APM must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities at one time. This will be a “work from home” environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist PM with preparation and submittal of Monthly, Quarterly Reports and Budgets and ensure all deadlines are met as required by client.
- Follow up with property accountants on Accounting Transactions (AT’s) Manual Billing Adjustments (or create the MBA’s) as needed per modifications.
- Communicate with Property Accountants and A/R person to ensure all unapplied cash is applied prior to cash cut-off to maximize Property Management fee and ensure accurate statements.
- Monthly A/R collections and follow-up as directed by PM.
- Calculate CPI Rent Increases.
- Review Reconciliations with PM for approval and ensure proper mailing of year-end reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions regarding the reconciliations once mailed and follow up on payments.
- Processing payables in a timely manner.
- Run reports such as Rent Rolls, AR reports, Renewal Option reports, etc. and post as requested. Upload or download items from Client Sites.
- Collection and entry of sales in the accounting system or excel spreadsheets and running the sales reports.
- Keep track of Real Estate Taxes due date; ensure checks are processed and mailed by due dates. Follow up to ensure payments were received and processed by the tax authorities
- Set up new Tenant and Vendor files and organize per client’s and PM’s instructions including filing.
- General filing- responsible for ensuring all document/paperwork for the property is filed no less than weekly; this includes but not limited to lease documents, legal correspondence, executed service contracts, correspondence, monthly reports, payables. All files at the property should comply with JLL Audit requirements.
- E-Mail should be checked regularly throughout the course of the day to ensure prompt attention to immediate issues are directed and acted upon immediately.
- Administering email distribution of Tenant statements. Assist tenants with any questions/issues regarding their statement.
- Prepare letters for new tenants such as Possession letters, Commencement Date Certification, Rent Commencement letters, etc.
- Request new vendor set up and updates.
- Assist with tenant issues or maintenance calls including follow up.
- Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals or create for new properties.
- Maintenance of property information spreadsheets; including tenant contact, vendor Contract Tracking, Vendor COIs, and building contacts.
- Prepare and process Vendor Agreements. Set up new vendor files and maintain as required by client.
- Update utility tracking reports.
- Assist Property Manager to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Under the direction of Property Manager, prepare incident reports and communicate with the insurance company when needed.
Assist with Acquisition and Disposition processes.
- Tenant Insurance tracking.
- Maintain Tenant COIs and follow up on those that are not correct, lacking coverage and expiring.
Assist in new tenant move in and move out requirements.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Education/training: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
Years of relevant experience: 3 years of open air or commercial property management
Certifications/license: Texas Real Estate License required
Skills and knowledge:
- In depth understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
- Must be customer focused.
- Experience with YARDI accounting system
- Be able to plan and have competency in using Microsoft Office (especially Excel), navigating the internet, and general use of personal computer
2+ to 5 years