- Actively lead the closing of mortgage loans under application through coordination of closing activities with all internal and external parties, including brokers, borrowers, attorneys, servicers and the origination team.
- Maintain the loan closing checklists to facilitate the closing process.
- Analyze and evaluate business due diligence materials, including property, Borrower and Guarantor level information, to identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Review third-party reports, including appraisals and environmental and property condition reports.
- Review of SNDAs & Estoppels and the financing documents for the transactions, working with in-house and outside counsel as appropriate.
- Write the investment committee memorandum for new commercial mortgage loans.
- Regularly interface with third party loan servicing correspondents. Recommend and present servicing requests for approval.
- Review the annual property financial reviews and inspections received from the loan servicers and highlight any potential issues.
- Aid the servicing and closing manager with borrower requests.
- Transmit loan information to the loan servicers and internal accounting to support accurate servicing and accounting of loans.
- Participate in the monitoring of the commercial loan portfolio, including preparation of internal reporting and assistance on loan assumptions and modifications.
- May be required to work varying schedules depending on business needs.
- Professional experience through work in commercial real estate as a commercial mortgage servicer, loan closer or other hands-on relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of real estate finance and market fundamentals and valuation principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external individuals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word. ARGUS and CoStar knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in real estate, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum three to four years of related experience.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.