This dynamic position will actively participate in the servicing, closing and post-closing aspects of the commercial real estate mortgage loan portfolio. Primary responsibilities will include due diligence analysis, the closing process, servicing requests and portfolio administration and reporting. In addition to interacting with brokers, borrowers, servicers, attorneys, and consultants, this high visibility role will provide exposure to senior levels of management and the opportunity to work collaboratively with the commercial mortgage team at CNA and its parent company Loews on all phases of the lending process. The commercial mortgage loan portfolio is a growing part of CNA’s $45 billion investment portfolio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively lead the closing of mortgage loans under application through coordination of closing activities with all internal and external parties, including brokers, borrowers, attorneys, servicers and the origination team.
- Maintain the loan closing checklists to facilitate the closing process.
- Analyze and evaluate business due diligence materials, including property, Borrower and Guarantor level information, to identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Review third-party reports, including appraisals and environmental and property condition reports.
- Review of SNDAs & Estoppels and the financing documents for the transactions, working with in-house and outside counsel as appropriate.
- Write the investment committee memorandum for new commercial mortgage loans.
- Regularly interface with third party loan servicing correspondents. Recommend and present servicing requests for approval.
- Review the annual property financial reviews and inspections received from the loan servicers and highlight any potential issues.
- Aid the servicing and closing manager with borrower requests.
- Transmit loan information to the loan servicers and internal accounting to support accurate servicing and accounting of loans.
- Participate in the monitoring of the commercial loan portfolio, including preparation of internal reporting and assistance on loan assumptions and modifications.
- May be required to work varying schedules depending on business needs.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Professional experience through work in commercial real estate as a commercial mortgage servicer, loan closer or other hands-on relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of real estate finance and market fundamentals and valuation principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external individuals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word. ARGUS and CoStar knowledge a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in real estate, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum three to four years of related experience.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job