UC San Diego
Director, Public-Private Partnerships/Acquisitions
Filing Deadline: Thu 8/9/2018
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Immediate and long-term campus growth projections and dynamic new acquisition and development opportunities have created a new professional opportunity within the UC San Diego Real Estate Department of Director of Public-Private Partnerships / Acquisitions. In support of the Executive Director, Real Estate, the Director of Public-Private Partnerships / Acquisitions is the technical expert in evaluating, structuring, and negotiating public-private partnership agreements, real estate acquisitions, ground leases, development joint ventures, and dispositions of property for the University. The campus intends to acquire many new properties for investment and develop diverse new campus and Health system facilities including residential, research, medical office, professional office, retail, and hospitality. Campus leadership envisions an increase in innovative public-private partnerships for the future development of new revenue-generating projects. The Real Estate department is seeking a seasoned real estate professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinking capabilities, and a passion to advance the mission of one of the top public universities and research institutes in the world.
The Director is an expert in several of the following disciplines: (1) analyzing and structuring complex real estate partnerships and transactions, (2) decision-making and transaction negotiations, (3) the real estate development process, (4) real estate development finance and complex financial analysis, (5) real estate market knowledge, (6) acquisition evaluation and underwriting for investment, (7) the acquisition due diligence and escrow process, and (8) extensive working experience in the legal agreements associated with complex real estate transactions.
The Director may represent the real estate department on various campus committees, in meetings with UC Office of the President staff, or local government, state and federal levels of authority in matters related to field of expertise. Decision-making is based on established procedures and integration and/or interpretation of relevant laws, regulations and organization policy and professional best practices
• A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training. Advanced Degree preferred.
• Expert knowledge of real estate principles and practices, methods and procedures used in competitive real estate transactions, including value analysis and sources, selection techniques, applicable rules, regulations, laws, policies, guidelines and practices.
• Superior skills and experience in public-private partnership procurement, negotiation, and related legal documents.
• Expert knowledge and experience in all aspects of complex real estate acquisitions including commercial, multifamily and vacant land.
• Professional level experience in commercial and institutional real estate, leasing, property management, finance, real estate law, and land use planning.
• Proven skill in application of principles of real estate finance, appraisal review, and analysis and preparation of development requests for proposals and preparation of ground lease and lease documents.
• Demonstrated experience in financial modeling used in negotiating strategies for real property leasing, ground leasing, and development transactions.
• Demonstrated experience in contracting and procurement practices as used in tenant improvement projects, building services, and asset management.
• Proven experience in real property related litigation and legal issues, including tenant evictions, tenant improvements, land ownership disputes, tenant/landlord disputes, and lease interpretation
• Advanced written and oral communication skills, including the ability to compile complex data and information, draft formal documents and produce comprehensive reports.
• Expert organizational, presentation and negotiation skills. Demonstrated experience in making presentations; Ability to speak before large and small audiences.
• Expert written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including expert ability to deal with broad and diverse constituencies with expert customer service orientation and skills.
• Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
• Ability to obtain a California Real Estate Salesperson's or Broker's license is required.
• A valid California driver's license is required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.