In this position, you will enjoy in person, phone, and written interactions with residents and prospective residents. These interactions range from helping residents with their apartments to closing the sale and renting and matching the prospective resident to the perfect apartment and overseeing all operations of the community.
The Community Manager is responsible for the operational and financial aspects of a property and meeting company goals in those areas and will work a schedule of 9am-5:30pm during the week with occasional weekend work required.
· Overseeing the operations of the community to ensure performance at or above annual budget
· Walking the property daily and noting the deficiencies to be corrected
· Budget preparation
· Developing strategies and executing action plans to maximize profitability and minimize loss in operations
· Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
· Driving the growth and development of the team through effective coaching and counseling techniques
· Recruitment and retention of quality employees
· Adherence to the letter and spirit of Fair Housing laws
· Continuously develop and expand current sales and leadership skills.
· Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which effectively maximize rental income and results in high occupancy
· Responsible for ensuring sales team understands the shopping report program in its entirety:
the shop and consequences
· Review guest cards to ensure entry into lead program and follow-up as well as monitor any traffic trends
· Manage Renewal Program
· Responsible for implementation of motivational leasing programs monthly. These programs should be tied into a specific team goal that will help the Community operate at its optimum
· Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ensure that all Leasing Professional's paperwork is free of errors
· Respond to web leads, telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, and effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
· Plan, schedule and organize resident functions as needed
· Train on-site associates in all leasing paperwork and sales techniques. Ensure associates are scheduled for appropriate training classes
· Identify areas of improvement in the leasing team and implement a corrective action plan
· Maintain an excellent customer service relationship
· Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Desired Skills and Experience
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Qualified candidates must have prior management experience
· Intermediate computer skills in MS Word and Excel, Outlook
· Experience with Industry Software such as Onesite, Yardi, or Rentcafe required; Yardi & LRO experience preferred
· Passion for providing exceptional customer service
· Thoughtful, assertive decision maker that is capable of leading in ambiguous situations
· Self-motivator capable of building and motivating a team
· Evenings, weekends and/or holidays may be required
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of solid property management experience
- Prefer mid-rise and high-rise experience
- Prefer Rent Control Experience in DC
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.