Real Estate Associate – Local Dallas/Fort Worth Candidates ONLY
N3 Real Estate seeks a full-time Real Estate Associate to be part of the business development team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual assigned to the Real Estate Associate position will be responsible to work as part of the business development team and perform the following basic functions:
- Evaluates markets, identifies land and trade areas for new retail development on behalf of N3 and our clients based on appropriate land values
- Works with land brokers in various markets to source economical land in a timely manner
- Researches demographics, new residential development and employment patterns and client site criteria
- Processes and coordinates site plan and budget requests for new developments with the construction department
- Creates site packages for presentation to internal management and clients
- Provide all demographic data on a prospective site including daytime population data, maps, and highlights that support your reasons for proposing the site.
- Provide a rental and sale comp survey with maps and photos of comparable properties.
- Prepare a market profile summary and maps.
- Provide all pertinent site data including but not limited to zoning (including link to local code), restrictions, unusual site conditions, tax rates, development incentives, governmental jurisdiction contact list, tap and connection fees, sign ordinance
- Prepares and manages lists of prospects, client assignments, land opportunities, and other information for internal management and clients
- Prepares and negotiates purchase offers and lease LOIs
- Creates and manages project timelines and schedules
- Manage deal pipeline, ensuring that projects are on schedule. Create a system for monitoring deal status
- Manages project files in an organized and timely manner
- Develops relationships with brokers, tenant representation brokers, corporate retailers, franchisees, franchise developers and economic development directors.
- Makes presentations about N3’s build-to-suit service to prospects at industry conferences, through phone calls, market visits and emails
- Industry conferences and market tours with travel up to 60%
- Other projects as assigned
Specific to position:
Requirements listed below are necessary to meet the minimum job performance. However, certain requirements may be waived or modified by N3’s management in their sole discretion.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Marketing/Sales, or Finance
- Licenses and Certifications: Texas (or other state) real estate sales or brokerage license preferred; ICSC CLS or certification a plus, CCIM certification a plus
- Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Excellent inter-personal skills, networking skills and ability to build relationships with brokers, land owners, retailers, franchisees, and others
- A very high level of self-initiative and drive to make deals and fulfill client needs
- An excellent understanding of retail leasing principles and site criteria for retail developments and the ability to successfully negotiate real estate deals
- An excellent understanding of real estate development principles and terminology
- An excellent understanding of real estate economics; exposure to pro formas, construction costs and investment returns
- Excellent presentation skills, organizational skills and self-initiative
- Excellent verbal and written correspondence skills and ability to keep information confidential
- Clear and frequent communications regarding status and progress
- Proficiency with Excel, REGIS or other demographic reporting system, Costar
- Positive can-do attitude
- Able to work quickly on assigned tasks; clear understanding that time is of the essence is fundamental
N3 Real Estate is a fully integrated retail real estate investment and development firm based in Southlake, TX focused on developing restaurant, retail and net lease real estate. Founded in 2004, N3 has acquired and developed single and multi-tenant commercial projects and shopping centers for national, regional and local retailers and restaurants across the United States. Today, N3 owns and manages retail projects for its investors at a value of more than $300 million.
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job