Job Title: Director
Department: Underwriting & Due Diligence
Position Reports to: Director of Underwriting
Overview: Seeking a Director to assist the UW&DD team in the underwriting process through financial modeling, due diligence and analysis. Qualified candidates must have the proven ability to provide employee management for team of individuals that are in a more junior position.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Interact professionally with all other employees, customers and organizations
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead comprehensive and portfolio level assignments including secondary market portfolio acquisitions (b-piece, non-distressed loan pools, etc) with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Participate in managing client relationships with limited oversight from Client Lead and/or Business Unit Head
- Provide employee management for team of individuals that are in a more junior position
- Create and edit financial models for the valuation and cash flow projections of assets; run ARGUS audits and scenarios
- Assist the underwriting team in valuing office, retail, industrial, multi-family, hospitality and unimproved land assets
- Work with team in collecting all required underwriting documentation and monitor receipt of information to meet target dates established for closing the transactions
- Create and manage the underwriting database
- Provides quality control on materials prepared by more junior team members
- Lead presentations to investment / loan committees with limited to no supervision from more senior team members
- Interacting with third party consultants including attorneys, title agents, brokers and sales agents, and construction consultants
- Perform lease abstracts
- Conduct property site inspections and market research
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of capital structures and positions within capital structure including b-pieces, mezzanine financing, etc.
- General understanding of all major underwriting criteria across all property types
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel based financial modeling including Macro and VBA knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of financial statement analysis, general accounting, cash flows and mortgage interest calculations.
- Basic knowledge of third party market information platforms (Costar, REIS, RCA).
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- College (BS/BA) degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 8 -12 years of Commercial real estate loan underwriting experience
- ARGUS DCF and AE knowledge.
- An understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms
- Experience with real estate related software applications and market data providers including Argus, CoStar, REIS and Bloomberg.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
TriMont Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job