Job Description Summary: The Lease Administrator is responsible for accurately administering lease documents according to departmental guidelines. Duties include but not limited to abstracting key lease points, billing recoverable items, accounts receivable and analysis of general ledger property expenses.
- Must have minimum 3- 5 year’s work experience in a commercial real estate firm.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be bright and personable; confident and able to work and bring closure to issues independently.
- Must have ability to interpret and administer complex lease documents.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be resourceful in order to obtain pertinent details and anticipate what is required to complete all facets of the job.
- Excellent references.
- Very strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with MRI or other real estate management software a plus.
- Exercise discretion with confidential information.
- Contribute to team effort by providing information and helping others as needed.
- Review, abstract and input lease information into MRI database according to internal procedures.
- Proofread all lease abstraction reports for accurate input.
- Clarify any vague lease terms or intent with Leasing Agent or Legal Department.
- Communicate and follow with team members on any missing lease documentation, forms and/or dates.
- Record and verify gross sales reports. Calculate percentage rent due per lease.
- Provide property expense information to Leasing Agent.
- Review suite square footage for accuracy.
- Apply tenant rental payments to account.
- Assist coding checks during heavy volume.
- Review tenant accounts for accuracy and correct as needed.
- Correspond and resolve tenant account, billing, and dispute questions.
- Direct tenant questions to Property Manager, Leasing Agent or Collection Manager.
- Provide aging reports to assist team in timely collection of rents.
- Deposit and apply/refund Security Deposits as needed.
- Compute tenant recovery billings, including CAM/Operating Expenses, property tax, insurance, percentage rent and utilities.
- Calculate CPI rental increases.
- Review and mail billings and statements.
- Calculate all new monthly tenant CAM/OPR and Tax estimates.
General Ledger Analysis
- Analyze expense accounts for each building.
- Communicate with Property Manager for clarification of expenses.
- Handle account corrections with Accountant or Accounts Payable.
- Review utility invoices and approve daily.
- Must maintain professional appearance in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to company policy regarding regular and punctual attendance.
- Must exhibit a high level of professional etiquette while interacting with employees, team members, outside professionals, and tenants.
- Complete duties accurately and with minor supervision.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding complex lease language.
- Execute all duties to completion according to departmental guidelines and within designated time lines.
- Must be capable of setting priorities, multi-tasking, and working under pressure.
- Show ability to analyze work accurately and effectively.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job