The EVP of Construction Development is responsible to run all commercial construction and development activities of the organization that generally include hotels, office buildings, mixed use, retail, and multifamily building and renovations. Provide leadership and oversight of team for the day-to-day operations for all construction, project management and project administration activities associated with the development and asset management activities of G. Holdings in the United States (primarily New York and Florida) and Europe (primarily Belgium). Manage a small staff of 5 including project managers, third-party consultants and related construction disciplines. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the real estate companies of G. Holdings. This position requires 20% domestic and 20% international overnight travel.
Direct responsibility, operations oversight, and direction of team members in the following areas:
- Procedural and process issues
- Financial issues and reporting processes
- Contractor performance issues
- Contractual, legal and liability issues
- Risk analysis and mitigation.
Perform monthly project reviews with each project team to include the following major activities:
- Project schedule, safety, administration, and profitability
- Material and equipment procurement
- Quality of work
- Quality and maintenance of relationships between owner, contractors, and consulting firms
- Special issues or concerns
Prepare monthly executive summaries from information received in the monthly project reviews and hold a formal review meeting each month with the COO to review the results.
Ensure the accurate completion and timely submission of the monthly applications for payment.
Review the performance of all construction department employees and make recommendations to the COO regarding staffing, developmental needs, position evaluations, and compensation.
Prepare and submit the following project administration documents with the assistance of the project managers and accounting department (in consultation with the COO, as required):
- Project budget and project approach for each project
- Project schedule
- Contracts and purchase orders
- Contractual notices to third-parties (contractors, subcontractors, insurance companies, etc.)
- Scope change or change order Requests
- Work with the accounting department to resolve all project cost issues
- Visit each job site and attend the contractor progress meetings, as appropriate, in order to have working knowledge of current project status and issues
- Attend all project team meetings, as appropriate
- Assist the Project Managers with resolution of specific issues and requests
- Provide required coverage for project managers while they are on vacation or otherwise
Develop and implement a monthly operations management coordination meeting to review the following issues:
- Current months project reviews
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Procedures, processes and systems
- Contractual, liability or legal issues
- Consultant and contractor relationship issues
- Update operations goals and review individual action items
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Four-year Construction Science/Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry Experience: 10 to 15 years of supervisory responsibility for the execution of large including multi-million dollar construction projects is preferred. Advanced experience and knowledge of commercial construction contracting, estimating, means and methods, accounting, project administration, permitting and approvals processes, and a thorough understanding of industry practices. Extensive experience in the management of consultants, project managers, contractors and project support staff. Excellent leadership, communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, and computer skills. Must be highly organized and willing to take on varied roles throughout a project’s lifetime. Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organizational culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of firm.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume with cover letter.
G. Holdings is an equal opportunity employer.
- General Management and C-Suite
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job