Department: Portfolio and Asset Management
FLSA Status: Exempt; Full-time
Position Title: Client Services Associate
Reports To: Managing Director, Portfolio and Asset Management
Location: Washington, DC
Date: August 2018
- Under the direction of the Managing Director, maintain comprehensive familiarity with portfolio investment performance for assigned funds, prepare and track historical reports and communicate results to external parties as needed. Communication includes ensuring timely, accurate, and complete submissions in response to existing and potential investor inquiries. With support and oversight from senior staff, prepare sensitivity analysis as requested.
- With support from Managing Director, Portfolio and Asset Management and senior Investor Relations staff, proficiently perform a variety of investment analysis and prepare responses to due diligence requests from investors and consultants. In coordination with the Portfolio and Asset Management and Research and Analysis teams, assist in underwriting and effectively presenting approved portfolio level financial analysis to internal and external parties as needed.
- Maintain relationships with members of all departments to retrieve, consolidate and verify data and information as required prior to submitting to Compliance and Investor Relations for final review and distribution.
- Assist Managing Directors in preparing the annual investor meeting presentations, quarterly investor updates, investor and consultant presentation materials and other periodic reports.
- Proficiently utilize the Company’s portfolio management software system to prepare ad-hoc reports as needed, and assist in auditing the investment data to ensure reporting integrity.
- Exercise due care and in accordance with company policy when accessing National’s systems and information assets, ensuring that, as appropriate, the confidentiality and privacy of data is maintained at all times.
- Organize, attend and actively contribute to internal staff meetings. Interact with various levels of staff and communicate confidently in a collaborative team environment.
- On a day-to-day basis support the Portfolio and Investor Relations departments in formulating, establishing and reinforcing the professional corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Periodic overnight travel is required on an as needed project-specific basis to attend meetings, complete research, and participate in other special events.
- Demonstrate commitment to National’s Sustainability Policy and best practices where feasible by incorporating environmental, social and governance dimensions into daily business activities and decision-making.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strict adherence to the terms and provisions as detailed in National’s Employee Handbook.
- Complete compliance with National’s Regulatory Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics and underlying compliance policies and procedures.
- Support integration of portfolio management systems, in particularly software services, to collect, analyze and integrate portfolio data in an effective and meaningful way.
- As requested, coordinate investment management research consulting with the research and analysis group as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the real estate investment management consulting industry.
- As requested, support National’s and its affiliate company’s analysis of labor hours including draft analysis, production of quarterly results and sensitivity analysis.
- Keep abreast of market conditions, industry news, and legal, regulatory and compliance issues; continue professional development as appropriate.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree with coursework in accounting, finance, economics, real estate, or hotel administration is required; graduate-level degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in commercial real estate, financial services, or investment investor relations experience is required.
- Must be highly detailed and possess excellent financial, mathematical and statistical skills and can work with complex databases and/or quantitative tools with proficiency and accuracy for extended periods of time. Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work within deadlines.
- Exhibit solid analytical and critical thinking skills and effective verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately articulate financial considerations, market demand, project feasibility and financing.
- Ability to travel overnight periodically on an as needed project-specific basis to attend meetings, complete research, and participate in other special events.
- Must be able to interact professionally with investors, consultants, colleagues and outside parties while multi-tasking, in a fast-paced, complex working environment.
- Proficiency at an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite in Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word is required, and knowledge of real estate analysis software such as Argus is required.
- Required to exhibit fundamental commercial real estate knowledge, sound judgment and initiative.
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, and disciplined in order to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate problem-solving, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- This job primarily operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. It is a sedentary role in a professional environment; however incumbent is required to regularly walk, sit, talk and/or hear, reach with hands and arms.
- Financial Analysis
- Investor Relations
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.