POSITION: ANALYST - ASSET MANAGEMENT
LEM Capital (“LEM”) is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to become a member of the asset management team. This individual will play an integral role in monitoring and driving the performance of an active and expanding multifamily investment portfolio and will have the opportunity to join a successful and growing organization where he/she will gain broad exposure to value-add multifamily real estate transactions nationwide. This role offers the opportunity for substantial growth.
Duties will include working closely with the asset management, portfolio management and acquisitions teams and joint venture partners to monitor and evaluate ongoing performance of the portfolio and business plan implementation. The Analyst will be responsible for managing the reporting process with joint venture partners and updating and maintaining internal financial models. Other responsibilities may include assisting with acquisitions, marketing and quarterly asset valuations.
Primary areas of focus include:
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including monitoring investment performance, financial analysis and tracking capital improvement progress.
- Manage monthly financial reporting process with operating partners and maintain internal asset management models.
- Coordinate and prepare lender draw packages for review and approval by senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly asset valuations.
- Analyze financial data and operating reports against budgets, underwriting and other financial benchmarks.
- Assist with the due diligence process for new acquisitions.
- Conduct ongoing market, asset and portfolio level reviews to guide strategic investment and operational decisions.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a major in finance, real estate, accounting or economics.
- Ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years of experience working with a real estate company, an equity fund or a financial services firm.
- Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets.
- Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks that could adversely affect investments and recommend solutions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Excel modeling capabilities.
- Ability to grow within the role and take on increased responsibilities.
- Position will require some travel and is based in Philadelphia.
Competitive base salary and annual bonus and long-term compensation based on individual and firm performance. We also offer an attractive benefits package such as Health and Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off benefits.
LEM Capital is a real estate private equity firm that invests exclusively in multifamily with a 16-year track record focused on protecting investors’ downside and building portfolios to help deliver dependable current cash flow and equity upside through good and bad cycles. Multifamily experts acquiring well-located apartment properties where LEM can add value and increase rents through physical upgrades and implementation of better management practices. The firm’s approach combines the local, long-term market knowledge and day-to-day management of its network of nationwide operating partners with LEM’s disciplined investment selection, rigorous due diligence process and intensive asset management oversight, all led by the firm’s partners. Their goal is to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns to its investors while safeguarding their capital.
Since 2002, LEM has raised over $1 billion in investor commitments across five funds and invested over $6.9 billion in real estate contributing to their expertise in structuring, execution and asset management. This includes acquiring over 17,000 value-add apartment units in 76 properties since 2011. The firm, which is led by three managing partners, currently employs 17 full-time employees and seeks to add to this energetic and dynamic team as the business continues to grow.
Please e-mail resumes to address on post or mail to:
LEM Capital c/o Human Resources
2929 Arch Street, Suite 2800
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2868
No phone calls, please.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.