At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefited from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s the role?
The Director Asset Management is responsible for all ownership activities on an assigned portfolio of assets containing a broad range of real estate investments. These assets may be located in multiple markets throughout the US and will require oversight of third party management teams. This role works to continually enhance asset value and meet investment objectives, and is responsible for all leasing activities and activities on assets under development. This role will also analyze the portfolio to identify assets that are not meeting the company’s growth goals and will recommend assets to be listed for sale and be responsible to initiate and execute transactions.
- Formulate strategies to maximize value and performance of assets
- Coordinate various disciplines to ensure property is built on time, within budget and in conformance with plans and specifications
- Direct marketing efforts of leasing personnel while setting leasing guidelines and negotiating key deal points with prospective tenants
- Approve leases or make appropriate recommendation for approval to senior management in accordance with approval guidelines
- Coordinate disposition process for assets listed for sale
- Conduct annual physical inspection site visits evaluating condition and performance of each investment.
- Oversee the preparation of and provide final approval of annual budgets prepared by third party managers
- Review monthly operating reports prepared by third party managers and monitor actual performance versus budget.
- Monitor real estate market reconnaissance to keep apprised of changes in local markets
Bring your best! What the role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable business related field; MBA required
- Minimum 5 years of institutional level asset management experience
- Strong understanding of real estate, demonstrated decision making and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of standard real estate documents such as leases, management agreements and purchase/sale agreements
- Experience in lease negotiation and structuring
- Experience in the oversight of ground up development and lease up of multifamily and industrial property types
- Strong real estate valuation skills
- Proficient in the use of Dyna/Argus, Excel and Word
- A high degree of personal initiative and self-motivation
- Asset Management
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.