The professionals at Greenwich Street Community Capital (“GSCC”), a dedicated subsidiary of Situs Group, underwrite and close construction and permanent loans that are used to finance the new construction and preservation of affordable and workforce rental housing for Citi Community Capital (“CCC”). CCC is the community lending and investing arm of Citigroup, housed in the Municipal Securities Division of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group, Unique among its peers, CCC provides a comprehensive array of financial products from investment banking to lending and equity investment designed to create strong communities and contribute toward Citigroup’s Community Reinvestment Act performance. Employees of GSCC are fully integrated with Citi employees at Citi locations.
CCC works with for-profit and non-profit developers, as well as state and local government agencies on both straightforward and highly structured transactions that may use a combination of taxable and tax-exempt loans or bonds, Low Income Housing Tax Credit equity, and governmental and private subsidies. The projects we finance serve the homeless, seniors, those with disabilities, as well as low income families and individuals. They may also include workforce housing or market rate units and other commercial uses. We are among the largest Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage bankers in this sector in addition to being a balance sheet lender.
We work throughout the country from 13 offices and, according to Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in each of the past six years. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country. With Citi’s capital committing capability and team of experienced professionals, we are able to provide creative financing solutions that are specifically designed to meet each client’s needs.
This role is well-suited to candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with several moving parts, who are interested to have exposure to the full lifeline of a loan, and who enjoy coordinating across various deal team members, clients/borrowers and other third parties.
- Work closely with the project sponsor/borrower and deal team members from Underwriting, Construction Risk, Legal Counsel and other teams throughout the closing and approval process.
- Organize and host deal team meetings to discuss timeline, funds flow, and equity partners on the deal.
- Coordinate Due Diligence calls with Client to discuss progress of the due diligence process and ensure underwriting requirements have been met, and other conditions are satisfied prior to closing.
- Review deal summary and legal documents to ensure the risk profile and deal structure are captured across all systems to allow for accurate financial and business reporting.
- Prepare closing settlement statement, review closing costs, coordinate with Operations to set up funding, and complete delivery package for post-closing servicing.
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS. A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in real estate industry/loan administration or equivalent role is preferred. Previous closing experience with affordable multifamily deals preferred.
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Energetic individual who shows initiatives, is a team player, and has a positive attitude to change.
- Ease with learning new systems/applications required. Demonstrates good excel skills, Quick learner and ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Highly-effective influencing skills; the ability to be coordinate internal meetings with several parties (Underwriting, Legal, Compliance, Risk, etc.) to gather information and meet conversion conditions
- Knowledge of commercial real estate legal documentation is a plus.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.