Carroll Organization is seeking a full-time Acquisitions Associate to support the Investments group in underwriting and executing new multifamily investments in Atlanta, GA. The Associate assumes broad responsibilities including financial analysis, due diligence, deal sourcing/execution, market research and presentation development. An Acquisitions Associate undertakes research to provide information and investment ideas to Senior Management. The information they provide enables decisions to be made relating to the investment portfolios they acquire and manage.
- Source and screen potential investments relative to investment criteria
- Develop and apply quantitative models to deals under consideration
- Modify and update discounted cash flow valuation model based on various scenarios
- Apply historical trends to current conditions to anticipate post-acquisition performance
- Assist with due diligence and underwriting process; analyze property financials, physical condition, cash flows, market trends, risk
- Communicate with third parties including capital partners, brokers, lenders, consultants, etc.
- Conduct market and property due diligence with site tours, broker meetings and third-party research
- Ascertain relevant rents, sales and operating cost comparable for target acquisition
- Strategize with team members to maximize revenue, reduce expenses and deliver value-add improvements
- Develop capital budgets
- Oversee transition from Acquisitions to Asset Management
- Effectively prepare, communicate and present investment packages to senior management and equity partners
- Provide fact-based market information to Asset Management and Property Management teams
- Research overall target market and investment sub-market conditions
- Monitor competitive properties in the region, historical sales transactions and perform other market research initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in business, economics, real estate or finance
- Between 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of key financial concepts, metrics, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns, etc.
- Proficiency with financial modeling; attention to detail. Proficiency in excel.
- Current knowledge of macroeconomic news, market trends and general industry knowledge
- Strong organizational, project management skills
- The ability to independently execute transactions from start to finish
- Strong interpersonal skills with high proficiency in written and verbal communication
If this sounds like you:
- Apply now!
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job