POSITION TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP of Project Management
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The fundamental responsibility of the Project Manager is to maintain the economics and schedule of construction projects while maintaining the highest degree of tenant satisfaction. This role is the link between the architects, field personnel, asset managers, leasing, contractors, and tenants. The position includes responsibility for on-site coordination, oversight, scheduling and completing planned construction projects. The outcome of the project at hand is that it meets the agreed upon requirements of the tenant’s lease, capital improvement plan or tenant extra work order.
All of this is to be done in a manner consistent with the Vision, Mission and Values articulated by Ivy’s Core Ideology & Defined Underwriting Objectives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide Project Cost estimates to Asset Manager for prospective tenants.
• Meet with Asset Manager along with Property Management and architect, when applicable, to review specific requirement of said project, i.e. tenant information, budget, confirm any field condition issues, scope of work and project schedule.
• In coordination with Asset Manager, meet with Tenant to review scope of work, tenant changes and cost impact, project schedule and tenant trades, if applicable.
• Review the construction documents for completeness (i.e. field verification, conforms with the lease, sufficient for bidding).
• Create bid packages to include copies of plans, cover letters, and specs. Send out plans for bidding and award contracts
• Review and negotiate bids for scope, price and contractor capability.
• File for and obtain all needed construction permits or use permits.
• Provide value engineering on all construction projects.
• Schedule and coordinate all necessary trades and vendors.
• Provide administrative assistant all necessary documents to set up project and create purchase orders.
• Insure all workmanship maintains Ivy’s level of quality. Maintain a safe job site and in accordance with OSHA and municipal standards.
• Create and maintain schedule in coordination with tenant, Asset Manager, field personnel, and contractors.
• Clarify contractors’ questions.
• Review plans, contract obligations, scope of work, and schedule with the field personnel throughout the project.
• Work with necessary trades, Asset Managers, Property Management architects and tenants to resolve all field conditions, concerns and changes.
• During the construction of the project, keep the Asset Manager and Property Manager informed of any work that will have an impact on the tenants or the building. Schedule with Property Manager the use of Building Personnel. Assure that proper protection is applied in the building’s public areas.
• Introduce tenants to Property Management.
• To be the prime contact with tenant during the construction process and to make the process as easy as possible.
• Review, approve, and process change orders.
• Schedule and coordinate all necessary inspections to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
• Provide a final inspection of the suite with the tenant, field personnel and property management.
• Notify tenant of substantial completion date and lease commencement.
• Review all final cost and confirm accounting has billed/invoiced correctly for tenant extra work orders.
• Work as a team member and perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Maintain and update project budgets.
• Keep Asset Managers informed as to any project cost overruns, scheduling issues, delivery dates, etc.
• Provide Property Management with information on all additions and changes to building systems.
• Participate in bi-weekly division/construction meetings and provide necessary reports to ensure all departments are updated of construction activities.
• Ensure safety measures are being satisfied.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Must be intelligent, highly organized, motivated, goal oriented, self-starter and driven to achieve favorable results.
• Hard worker.
• Must be diligent and focused individual who enjoys work.
• Must have working technical knowledge of all construction trades and building systems.
• Must have knowledge of state and federal building codes. (BOCA & CABO)
• Computer conversant and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheet and estimating programs.
• Attention to detail and grammar.
• Personable, able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player and adaptable to change.
• Proactive and communicative.
• Strong understanding of construction terminology and conventions.
• Intuitive and be able to diagnose and analyze building systems and disseminate knowledge to help solve problems.
• Strong negotiating and managerial skills.
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
• Ability to learn and understand new technologies.
• Must be professional with working with tenants and vendors.
• Work as required with other Ivy departments to assure the satisfaction of our tenants.
• Have the ability to balance and prioritize situations and responsibilities as they arise among many work sites.
• Must be able to supervise multiple projects at one time.
- Project Management
This job is no longer active.