Location: Seattle, WA
The Acquisitions Analyst will have the opportunity to assist in all aspects of the real estate investment and acquisition processes. The Analyst will be responsible for evaluating potential investment opportunities including modeling cash flows, assessing markets and the competitive landscape, conducting due diligence activities, analyzing investment returns, creating executive committee memos, and otherwise assisting in the communication of financial acquisitions and disposition strategy.
- Prepares detailed underwriting and financial models of various product types
- Prepares management committee memos that are submitted to Ownership & senior management, as appropriate for approval of potential transactions;
- Conducts due diligence on various assets for potential acquisitions;
- Performs competitive and demographic research to access real estate trends in prospective markets and identify investment prospects;
- Designs, develops and implements financial and business analyses of real estate opportunities from pre-operational activities including market research, data collection, underwriting, preparation of financial packages through post acquisition/development activities (asset management, budget performance) with the objective of driving project performance and effectiveness;
- Analyzes and summarizes leases, contracts, terms sheets, and other agreements necessary in real estate transactions;
- Conducts market research and analysis to provide a basis for assumptions used in financial modeling. Interacts with management, consultants, brokers and other market participants to both gather and verify research, assumptions and conclusions;
- Completes projects and research related to long term initiatives that will aid department’s processes and work plans;
- Assists management in execution of real estate investment activity;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related field; Master degree preferred;
- 1-2 years of experience in real estate investment/acquisition or related field;
- Advanced expertise in modeling skills including Argus Enterprise & MS-Excel - must be able to build complex financial models across various asset types/financing scenarios from scratch;
- Real estate finance/accounting/economic fundamentals;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and self-direction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven business and financial acumen;
- Bilingual Mandarin preferred.
Gemdale USA Corporation is a real estate investment and development company headquartered in Pasadena, CA. The company also has offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas and develops commercial and for-sale residential projects. Commercial projects include retail, office and multi-family, and for-sale residential developments include condominiums, single-family attached and detached housing.
Gemdale USA Corporation is a United States subsidiary of Gemdale Corporation. Gemdale Corporation, one of China’s largest and leading real estate developers, was founded in 1988 and listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (600383.SH) in 2001. Gemdale Properties and Investment Corporation Limited (535.HK), an affiliate of Gemdale Corporation, is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and serves as a platform for commercial property investment, development and operational management. Gemdale enjoys one of the strongest brands in China.
Gemdale Corporation has expanded rapidly in size and strength with over two decades of exploration and successful operation. In 2016, Gemdale built and sold over 74,000 residential condominium units in 29 major cities in China.
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job