Chief Building Engineer needed for high-rise condominium building in the downtown Houston area. The Chief Engineer will plan, coordinate and oversee all maintenance and repairs activities for the HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and life-safety systems for a Class A building, consisting of over 500,000 square feet, which will require knowledge of commercial, multi-family and retail operations. Seeking a seasoned individual that must be a self-starter, be able to work within a budget guideline, and possess problem-solving capabilities. Must also possess administrative capabilities and computer skills, in addition to a hand’s on attitude, overseeing all general building maintenance, inspections, daily operations, and projects as well as ordering operational parts and supplies.
The Chief Engineer must work hand-in-hand with the building manager to follow the annual projects schedule to ensure timely completion within the budget guideline.
· Daily building maintenance operations.
· Implements and carries out preventative maintenance programs to ensure useful life of building systems and equipment.
· Obtains competitive quotes on building repairs as needed.
· Monitors building systems and programs modifications if needed.
· Maintains, orders and purchases all operational maintenance supplies stock.
· Assists with budget preparations involving maintenance and repairs.
· Provides a monthly maintenance report to the building manager.
· Coordinates projects with vendors and supervises as needed to ensure project and/or contract performance.
· Ensures quality control with service providers along with specific performance.
· Works diligently on maintenance contract renewals.
· Maintains building equipment and maintenance records while overseeing warranties.
· Implements scheduled inspections required by City codes and ordinances.
· Stays abreast of life-safety issues and new regulations that may affect maintenance operations.
· 15+ years of experience in building maintenance or comparable experience in the Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing industries
· 10+ years as a Chief Building Engineer
· Maintenance Electrician’s License
· Stationary Engineer’s (Boiler) License
· Metasys knowledge
· Physical requirement will include climbing ladders, stooping, carrying heavy loads of 40-50 lbs., climbing stairwells, and being on your feet throughout the day
· Knowledge of construction MEP drawings
· Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications
· Full-Time Position, Monday thru Friday, includes benefits (medical and dental visional insurance, paid time off, 401K)
· Occasional overtime and some emergency call-outs as needed
- Background screening and drug test required
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job