We are seeking an Associate-level underwriter to provide immediate support to our client, an opportunistic investment team at a multi-billion REIT in New York City. In this role you will provide analytical support in underwriting and structuring loans and equity investments for multifamily affordable housing funded with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). You will work among a small but growing team of highly-accomplished professionals in building out a new business venture.
This role is being structured with an initial commitment of approx 6 months and the potential to extend longer.
Sample responsibilities include:
- Assist in the structuring, financial analysis, underwriting and closing of multifamily (primarily Section 42 LIHTC) property acquisitions and development opportunities
- Complete a detailed review and analysis of entities involved in the transaction, including project sponsor, guarantor, etc.
- Perform detailed analysis of third party documents as well as independent review of general market economic performance, economic factors, and other analyses
- Model out supportable cash flow operating pro-forma based on the analysis of the real estate fundamentals, as well as a variety of other sources
- Complete a detailed analysis of the capital budget which includes reviewing all sources, uses, funds flow timing, restrictions on funding sources, etc.
- Analyze deal capital stack and evaluate funding sources, which include various layers of debt and equity
- Identify and elevate issues that warrant additional investigation or may cause a delay in approval or closing
- Create investment packages presenting asset information, business plan, deal structure and returns to lenders
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- At least 3 years experience in commercial real estate acquisitions or finance, and a strength in multifamily assets
- Ideally some familiarity with affordable housing including underwriting and structuring loans and equity investments for multifamily housing funded with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong credit and financial analysis skills
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner to convey complex information
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.