Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Real Estate Senior you ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Real Estate network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process. The opportunity EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Practice. We address complex issues in commercial real estate. We advise our clients on analytical, valuation, operational, hospitality and other business advisory services. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Your key responsibilities As a Senior within Transaction Real Estate you are likely to spend your day working on strategic or operational issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities, with a focus commercial real estate. Skills and attributes for success We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
- Valuation - including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting.
- Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) - including lender diligence, real estate M&A diligence, real estate asset diligence, transaction closing prorations.
- Transaction strategy & operations - including tourism and economic advisory, risk and compliance advisory, development advisory, entity and asset strategic advisory, transactional corporate real estate.
- Capital markets - including capital strategy/brokerage - property and real estate entity brokerage, raising equity capital.
- A bachelor's degree in in real estate (preferred), accounting, finance or business and at least 2 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and at least 1 year of related work experience.
- Previous commercial real estate, acquisition due diligence, real estate valuation, loan underwriting, asset management, finance, or market research.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling expertise. Argus, Access and Visual Basic experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects.
- Previous real estate experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm.
- Financial modeling experience Professional designations are a plus with the expectation of one completed designation within a given timeframe, such as MAI, CFA, or ASA.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that s right for you.
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job