Title: Assistant Property Manager
Reports to: Property Manager
Job purpose: The Assistant Property Manager will work closely with the Property Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the iconic One Biscayne Tower office building in Downtown Miami, Florida.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, tenant communication, vendor relations, leasing, building systems, marketing, promotions, public relations, policy and procedures, contract negotiation and financial reporting. The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager and leasing agents to optimize lease revenue while creatively controlling operating expenses.
The position carries substantial responsibility, requiring the critical thinking ability to make good business decisions quickly, based on tenant satisfaction within financial parameters. The ideal candidate will have an engaging, friendly personality with a professional customer service mentality, first and foremost, as she/he will supervise accounting and engineering staff dedicated to excellence and outstanding tenant service as well as all external vendor relationships (security, janitorial, parking operator). The preferred candidate is currently an assistant manager for one or more office buildings, who has outgrown the position and is ready to be challenged professionally in a major high-rise office environment with long-term career growth potential. The successful candidate will provide the highest possible level of customer service to tenants and inspire tenants to maintain long-term occupancy in One Biscayne Tower.
- Assist Property Manager and Chief Engineer in direction and supervision activities of building staff and vendors in accordance with property policies & procedures.
- Insure the professional operation and appearance of the building.
- Assist with the management of operating expenses and approved capital projects for the property as required.
- Work in partnership with the Property Manager and Chief Engineer to monitor facility operations including preventative & corrective maintenance program, environmental services, building inspections.
- Primarily responsible for vendor procurement & service standards and negotiation/management of vendor contracts in conjunction with Chief Engineer.
- Work in partnership with the Property Manager and Chief Engineer on construction/TI administration, emergency response & preparedness program, and regulatory compliance.
- Review and approve architectural plans in conjunction with Property Manager and Chief Engineer; coordinate and supervise construction.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with appropriate policies & procedures and adhere to all safety standards, policies/procedures, and codes of conduct.
- Prepare incident reports for accidents or injury on property site. Inspect and evaluate all building equipment, systems and grounds to insure that the appearance and operation of the company’s properties meet company standards.
- Comply with emergency procedures and work with the engineering department to develop and implement preventative maintenance programs for the property.
- Ensure that relationships are developed with the vendor community and contracts are negotiated with key outside vendors/contractors to provide required building services.
- Maintain professional contact with vendors, brokers and other property managers.
- Ensure that work performed by outside contractors is performed in a timely basis and is completed to building standards.
- Be available as on-call manager.
- Compose routine professional correspondences using appropriate and professional language.
- Assist in preparation of annual business plan and operating budget for property.
- Review property financial operations monthly; assist in preparation of quarterly management reports.
- Assist in developing overhead, operating and capital budgets, and tracking of expense variances. Interface with Asset Manager, ensuring total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting.
- Approve purchase orders, miscellaneous work agreements, vouchers and invoices for payable process.
- Coordinate with Property Manager to administer leasing activity.
- Complete legal documents pertaining to lease administration, prepare lease abstracts, and administer the lease.
- Assist as needed with tenant renewals and expansions to ensure optimal occupancy.
Tenant Relations/Tenant Retention:
- Assist in implementing novel tenant retention strategies with Property Manager, leasing agents, and Asset Manager.
- Analyze and interpret the needs of tenants and offer appropriate solutions.
- Develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Ensure that tenant move-in/out process is handled in a manner that insures tenant satisfaction.
- Walk-thru property regularly and maintain a positive, productive and professional relationship with all tenant contacts.
- Regular interaction with tenants through office visits, lunches, tenant functions or other professional means.
- This position requires a minimum BA / BS degree
- 3-5 years management experience with commercial property management (preferably in the office market)
- Strong communication and customer service skills (verbal & written)
- Skilled and experienced in project management
- Computer literate: proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word & Excel a must). Yardi preferred
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment in the absence of supervisory personnel
- Attention to detail
- Florida Salesperson License a plus
- CPM, RPA, designation or in progress a plus
L&B Realty Advisors, LLP offers an excellent benefits package including vacation and sick pay, tuition reimbursement, PPO medical, dental, and visions plans, matching 401(k) plan, above average holidays, flex hours, health club membership, and business casual work environment.
L&B Realty Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.