Role Value Proposition:
This position will provide an excellent introduction to the various aspects of an insurance company’s agricultural mortgage platform. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to develop analytical capabilities in the institutional agricultural lending and investment management fields, while significantly enhancing personal credentials and building relationships with borrowers and professionals across Agricultural Finance as well as other business units within MetLife Investments.
- Support mortgage originations, servicing actions and portfolio management in a MetLife Agricultural Finance field territory. Travel to borrower locations and/or MetLife Agricultural Finance offices may be required.
- Support the relationship managers in the development of mortgage recommendations including but not limited to: financial analysis; security analysis; borrower/industry analysis; and other mortgage underwriting due diligence.
- Provide periodic monitoring of regional mortgage portfolio exposure tied to risk management objectives, and assist in the process of updating internal mortgage portfolio guidelines and measures.
- Support regional professional associates in development of creative and unique regional marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate and complete special projects as assigned.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3 + years of agricultural finance knowledge and skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service with the highest of ethical standards to a large client base.
- Ability to earn the trust of internal and external stakeholders, prospective customers and industry leaders.
- Candidate should be an innovative thinker with excellent analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management.
- Team player; ability to work well with others and teams within a large, diverse corporation.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, as well as any other related field of expertise.
- Experience in production agriculture
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job