The primary responsibility of this position is to manage day-to-day property operations and assist the Director of Operations along with the Asset Manager with overall operational oversight of 7 commercial properties totaling 450,000 SF including mixed use, retail and office located throughout Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
- Supervise and coordinate third-party vendors involved in servicing portfolio properties, including architects, engineers, consultants and contractors
- Inspect properties on a regularly scheduled basis; prepare and distribute site inspection reports; and respond to any tenant or maintenance issues discovered during property inspections
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations to create, recommend and implement preventive maintenance program for all properties
- Ensure assets are in compliance with applicable local city laws and codes; notify Director of Operations and Legal Department of insurance claims and violations; coordinate with the Director of Operations to implement corrective measures and track violation compliance progress
- Develop and oversee all phases of construction of a variety of capital improvement projects, which may include tenant space build-outs; replacements of roofs, parking lots, and MEP systems; as well as ground-up development of vacant land and pad sites
- Track capital projects, budgets, progress and final payments as directed by the Asset Manager and Director of Operations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial variance reports for each property in the portfolio
- Create and maintain projections of annual operating and capital budgets for each property to be reviewed with the Asset Manager and Director of Operations
- Coordinate and implement Tenant Relations Program
- Ensure that vacancies are clean and free of debris; coordinate possession of premises from vacating tenants and utility account transfers; coordinate vacant space showings with Leasing Department
- Review and understand lease terms and Landlord/Tenant obligations; prepare written correspondences to tenants
- Obtain/process and file property information including lien releases, certificates of occupancy and warranties; maintain orderly and efficient contract and paperwork system throughout the department
- Supervise office activities and personnel at assigned office location.
- 3+ plus years related commercial real estate property management experience required
- Bachelor degree required and commercial real estate or facilities management certification (CPM, RPA, CCIM, CFM) preferred.
- The position may require property site visits and the PM should have thorough understanding of NYC and outer-Borough travel via Subway.
- Candidate must be well-versed in and have basic understanding of structural engineering and mechanical systems in order to properly oversee third-party providers
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple personnel and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job