PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides experience in acquisition and finance of commercial real estate. Requires proficiency in the analysis, identification, and closing of real estate transactions, to include real estate acquisitions, development ventures and debt placement of third-party commercial real estate properties.
- Supports MD/ED in sourcing & managing acquisition opportunities with a focus in an assigned Region. Conduct acquisitions underwriting, deal modeling, deal structuring, due diligence, financing, negotiation of deal terms and transition to the asset management group. Maintains submissions database regularly. Proficient in the valuation metrics of office, industrial, retail, and multi-family asset classes.
- Contact and pursue real estate developers and owners for development capital needs and off-market transactions.
Support the commercial mortgage lending platform by engaging mortgage brokers and borrowers. Be a conduit for first mortgage lending transactions.
- Assist the Square Mile team (locally) with the Square Mile fund objectives.
- Responsible for the coordination of due diligence efforts for each transaction such as; financial modeling, market surveys, lease analysis, tenant credit analysis, property management, engineering issues, building compliance, environmental risk assessment, etc., per USAA Real Estate’s acquisition policies. Review and execute confidentiality agreements. Log in and maintain broker submissions in USAA Real Estate submissions log. Participate in weekly Pipeline calls.
- Identify, qualify, underwrite, pursue, negotiate, seek internal approvals, perform due diligence and close real estate investment transactions.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with owners of institutional-grade real estate, commercial real estate brokers, potential joint venture development partners, mortgage brokers, and Square Mile transaction specialists. Responsible for broad knowledge of important local information relating to markets covered, real estate firms, brokers and regional economic trends.
- Ability to manage multiple analyst assignments and asset types. Effectively advocate for transactions that support USAA Real Estate funds and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or related finance field.
- 7+ yrs. in the industry, 5+ yrs. of recent experience working in a real estate investment firm as a member of a transactional team or as a senior level investment sales agent for a major real estate brokerage firm; 2+ years as an investment analyst or associate.
- Ideal candidates will have established relationships and experience in the respective regional area.
- Advanced understanding of real estate capital markets.
- Demonstrated track record of displaying sound investment judgment.
- Experience in originating individual and portfolio transactions directly and through joint venture partners.
- Understanding of time value of money skills, leasing, and asset management.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability including underwriting and financial modeling.
- Proficient in Excel; knowledge of Argus, Closer, and vendor products like CoStar, etc.
- Possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to act independently within company parameters – a self-starter who will thrive in a production environment.
Ability to lead.
- Effectively communicates and demonstrates strong negotiating skills.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, to determine project urgency in a practical way, uses goals to guide actions, creates detailed action plans and organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Promotes the core values of USAA Real Estate
- Position requires the ability to travel by air, train, and automobile on a regular basis. Must be able to tour the real estate assets.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment background screening and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years