The Property Management Assistant will support the Property Management Team and Director of Operations along with the Asset Manager with overall operational oversight of assigned buildings in Vanbarton’s New York City portfolio. The right candidate will be able to multi-task, communicate, exercise good judgment and have excellent follow-up skills. Keeping track of deadlines and managing upward communication is essential to ensure team has confidence that PMA is tracking deliverables.
- Process and discern invoices, ensuring each is coded correctly and in accordance with the property budget
- Track rent receipts, issue late letters and ensure posting of late fees
- Communicate with tenants to ensure timely receipt of rent
- Review Action Agenda items prior to weekly meeting and discuss any updates with the appropriate parties so that the most current and comprehensive Action Agenda is available for discussion
- Track bids associated with capital expenses
- Track capital projects, budgets, progress and final payments as directed by the Asset Manager, Property Manager and Director of Operations
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial variance reports for each property in the portfolio
- Assist in creation and maintenance of annual operating projections and capital budgets for each property to be reviewed with the Asset Manager, Property Manager and Director of Operations
- Ensure that vacancies are clean and free of debris; coordinate possession of premises from vacating tenants and utility account transfers; coordinate vacant space showings with Leasing Department
- Review and understand lease terms and Landlord/Tenant obligations; prepare written correspondences to tenants
- Obtain/process and file property information including lien releases, certificates of occupancy, certificates of insurance and warranties; maintain orderly and efficient contract and paperwork system throughout the department
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ plus years related commercial real estate property management experience required
- The position may require property site visits and the PMA should have thorough understanding of NYC and outer-Borough travel via Subway.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple personnel and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.