Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $40 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Los Angeles, London, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Los Angeles office is seeking an Assistant Vice President/Vice President of Originations for our Private Debt Group.
This position has responsibility for all aspects of working closely with the members of the investment teams, the successful candidate will originate, structure, conduct due diligence and assist in closing senior and subordinate debt transactions throughout the Western United States. Specifically, well documented track record of negotiating and structuring complex loan structures, including mezzanine and preferred equity positions will be essential. This person will assess risks and opportunities, optimize portfolio balance in terms of both asset type and geographical diversity, maximize return on investments, and optimize cash flow. He/she will undertake a range of client facing responsibilities, including the marketing of Heitman’s debt program to potential borrowers, and regular communication with team members, including reporting business updates etc.
Qualifications and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree required (preferably Finance or Economics); a professional real estate qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum 5-10 years real estate lending, or principal investment experience
- Track record of successfully originating senior bridge loans, mezzanine, structured finance and preferred equity positions
- Strong contacts, relationships and standing in the West Coast investment community
- Local and regional market knowledge
- Experience investing in multiple property types with a sophisticated, diverse investment background
- As well as single asset and portfolio investment experience, he/she will be familiar with operating company investments, joint venture, mezzanine financing and entity level investing, and financial engineering and a strong appreciation of financial modelling
- Development and value-add lending experience is preferred
- Excellent negotiation and business development skills
- Strong deal management skills and exposure to large and complex deal processes across geographies and product sectors
- Entrepreneurial and open mindset
- Strong financial acumen, with an understanding of senior financing, mezzanine and preferred equity structures
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Team playing attitude, sound investment judgment, and highly motivated
- High level of flexibility, professional and personal maturity
Interested professionals should apply via our website at . Please make sure to select “careers” under the about tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years