Audubon Capital Partners is seeking an experienced, customer service focused, Property Manager to join our growing team in New Orleans, LA.
This fast paced, full time position offers competitive pay and generous benefits. The ideal candidate will have prior leasing and management experience at a 200+ unit, luxury apartment community and will be able to handle high call volumes, multi-task, organize and prioritize. Attention to detail is imperative.
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. This position supervises the entire on-site staff (i.e. Assistant Community Manager / Bookkeeper, Leasing Coordinator, Leasing Consultant(s), Maintenance Supervisor / Technician(s), Groundskeepers(s) and Concierge(s).
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents while maintaining a positive customer service attitude
- Manage resident concerns/requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company / community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to Software System accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that model unit and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required
Experience with Yardi, LRO/Yieldstar a plus.
Candidate is required to work a minimal one weekend a month.
This job is no longer active.