Gramercy Property Trust
Construction Project Manager – Fort Washington, PA Office
Gramercy Property Trust (NYSE: GPT) is a leading global investor and asset manager of commercial real estate. We specialize in acquiring and managing income producing industrial real estate leased to high quality tenants in major markets across the United States and Europe. To review the Company’s latest news release and other corporate documents, please visit the Company’s website.
We have an immediate opening for a Construction Project Manager.
The Construction Project Manager (CPM) will oversee and be responsible for construction activities related to new construction, renovations and various capex projects. The CPM will work closely with the Project Management team, Operations, Asset Managers, Accounting and Investment Team throughout the construction/renovation life of the project. The CPM will be responsible for ensuring quality deliverables, on-time and within budget. In addition, the CPM will bring to the table the latest in cost-saving applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in construction management, construction/building science, engineering or architecture and design;
• Minimum of 5 years of commercial and industrial real estate construction experience required;
• Experience in new construction, renovation and rehab, development, commercial, and industrial construction;
• MS Word, MS Excel, Interpersonal Skills, Yardi Job Costing, Adobe Acrobat, Professional demeanor and comportment;
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction;
• Understanding of legal contracts, AIA documents and other related construction draw forms;
• Ability to communicate with all levels of Associates;
• Computer skills to allow for creation of spreadsheets;
• Understanding and management of bid process;
• Analytical and costing skills;
• Ability to manage people.
• Compiling necessary information and bids to support the capital projects identified by the Company
for its Properties;
• Managing the capital projects through completion including the reconciliation of all expenses
through our Yardi Job Costing modules.
Planning / Procurement Phase:
• Coordinate the procurement of a Geotechnical Investigation of the proposed site, if required;
• Coordinate the procurement of other studies, reports, etc. deemed necessary for the preparation of the Specification Package;
• Coordinate and compile the necessary specifications, drawings, budget and schedule to submit out for bid.
• Assist in preparation of the Construction contract;
• Review the design as it is developed by the successful team for compliance with RFP, budget, schedule and Owner’s needs and desires;
• Monitor required local and state agency reviews and approvals;
• Report regularly to the Owner;
• Review Applications for Payment;
• Attend monthly on site construction/project meetings and conduct a project walk through to assess progress and general compliance with contract requirements;
• Address requests for information generated by the Construction Team and field conditions that may impact program and aesthetic design;
• Review submittals for compliance with the RFP, budget, schedule and Owner’s needs and desires;
• Assist in the development of maintenance schedule;
• Conduct commissioning of project prior to Owner takeover.
• Competitive base salary and discretionary annual bonus. Potential to earn equity participation based on exceptional performance. Comprehensive employee benefits package.
- Architecture / Design
5+ to 7 years