Nike, Inc. corporate campuses provide environments to maximize employees’ full potential. From meticulous landscaping, to state-of-the-art fitness centers, running trails and more, the Nike Facilities teams keep campuses around the world running at peak performance so employees can operate in an environment that inspires innovation. These teams lead the design and construction of Nike’s corporate buildings, supply project management services, ensure workplace security and much more. The end result: an atmosphere that inspires everyone who sets foot on a Nike campus.
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.’s continued success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees and our brand. Workplace Design and Connectivity (WD+C) is responsible to lead the transformation of the Nike workplace experience through a focus on the built physical space, services, and connectivity solutions.
In partnership with WD+C GEO General Managers and WD+C Sr. Director Construction Program Management COE, the Americas Construction Program Manager will establish WD+C as a key global influencer to realize Nike’s innovation and growth objectives through the built environment. Developing and maintaining relationships with Nike Inc. senior leaders is key to the success of this role through the proactive delivery and implementation of fit for purpose, exciting business work environments.
The WD+C team will leverage systems, design thinking, and key partnerships across the Nike matrix and the industry to bring Nike to the forefront of new ways of working. WD+C will serve as an enterprise catalyst under the COO, helping to drive change, strengthen its global operations and accelerate progress toward Nike’s strategic objectives and in support of the Consumer Direct Offense.
Given Nike’s rapid growth, WD+C already face tremendous pressure to meet increased demand and improve services and infrastructure globally. There is a pressing need to challenge assumptions, innovate new solutions and elevate design excellence across the WD+C organization, and the portfolio of Nike facilities worldwide.
The WD+C Americas Construction Program Manager will be responsible to develop, manage, execute and deliver complex construction projects. They are required to oversee and manage design and construction programs through project management partnerships. Candidates are to have exceptional construction program management, scope, schedule, and budget knowledge, along with strong executive communication and relationship skills. Working in a matrixed organization, the Global Construction Program Management organization is a Shared Delivery function responsible for construction programs of Nike’s Non-Retail Global Real Estate portfolio. The WD+C Global portfolio consists of 262 owned and leased properties totaling 30.9 million square feet of space.
The WD+C AMERICAS CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM will report to the WD+C Sr. Director Global Construction Program Management with a dotted line reporting into the WD+C GEO General Managers. The role will be based in Beaverton, Oregon at Nike’s World Headquarters and will also cover the Americas and WHQ with travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Leads complex capital programs and projects to achieve milestones and objectives for Nike business in North America, APLA (Latin America) and WHQ market Geos
- Develops strategy and action plans for large-scale end-to-end program execution
- Plans and manages the implementation of all aspects of the projects/programs including planning, execution, timing, functionality, transition management, quality, risk management, forecasting and cost control
- Ability to understand business strategy and work with Design and Space and Occupancy Management to translate strategy into space and service requirements, while maintaining WD+C standards
- Ensures program is aligned with Nike WD+C business strategies and budgets
- Establishes and maintains cross-functional coordination of the program team (including Design, Space Planning, Brand, Transition / Change Management, Project Communications, Move Management, Commissioning and Decommissioning of space etc
- Takes the ownership to ensure vendor contracts, relationships, performance, and communications are well written and managed
- Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives, operating within financial and resource constraints
- Manages project dependencies within the program and builds the program team, including stakeholder management
- Ensures proper project management including the onboarding and management of third party project management and transition (change) management partners and overall staffing for all projects within the program
- Helps develop project objectives and has the ultimate responsibility of project scope, schedule, and budget with key partners
- Supports the creation of the program business case and approvals
- Works closely with Design and IWS (facilities) to understand and aid in the development and delivery of the user experience
- Acts as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ scope, cost, schedule and/or performance
- Manages stakeholder relationship diplomatically and assertively to progress the programs
- Chairs key program meetings with internal partners (Nike Tech, procurement, legal, security, etc.) and with business partners
- Drives management and accountability for both technology and the built environment
- Responsible to ensure the WD+C global standards and delivery framework is adhered to on all projects
·Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years directly relevant work experience
·Minimum of 7 years project/program management experience delivering global or multiple regional projects experience with formal project management methodology
·Ability to travel as required and support activities in regions
·Highly developed communication skills in verbal, written and graphic communication
·Knowledge and familiarity with Office and Project Management (including cloud-based) tools
·Spanish or Portuguese language skills an advantage
·Has expertise in Construction and Real Estate Project/Program Management, including with industrial construction
·Demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of multiple million-dollar projects of varying scope and complexity within a matrix organization
·Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills
·Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
·Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the program
·Contributes to the development of functional strategies
·Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
·Manages budgets for large projects or significant programs
·Has developed breadth and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
·Develops innovative services, processes or tools that address current and future problems or needs
·Presents complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and influences others to build consensus
·Makes decisions within organization and program guidelines
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.