Real Estate Analyst, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Chicago, IL
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies in dynamic cities around the world. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
We are currently seeking an analyst to join our U.S. office team based in Chicago. The candidate should have up to 2 years of relevant asset management, investment, underwriting and due diligence experience, preferably in the office sector. To be considered for the position, please reference a recent office transaction in your cover letter.
The candidate’s primary responsibility is to respond to requests for analytical support throughout the organization. In this role, he or she will support the management team with in-depth analysis and insight into investment, leasing, and finance decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Acquisitions / Dispositions
· Prepare initial underwriting and valuation analysis for potential acquisitions and dispositions
· Assist with investment memos for review by the Investment Committee
· Assist in the due diligence/closing process for acquisitions and dispositions
· Assist with the preparation of periodic hold/sell reviews
Asset Management / Leasing
· Provide financial analysis of leasing and capital expenditures throughout the portfolio
· Update Argus files to reflect executed and planned leasing activity
· Evaluate lease proposals against budget
· Maintain leasing status reports
· Support the annual budget process
· Support the quarterly investor reporting process
· Assist with periodic investor presentations
· Monitor and download monthly/quarterly research reports for respective markets
· Update internal market review charts and presentation decks for respective markets
· Monitor relevant local market news in respective markets and distribute to team
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree with finance or real estate focus
· 0-2 years of relevant work experience in the real estate industry
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and overall understanding of commercial real estate and financial concepts
· Experience with Argus and Excel modeling preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.