RealOp Investments is a commercial real estate investment firm specializing in acquiring, owning and self-managing value-add and opportunistic office, multifamily and industrial acquisitions across the Southeast. We take pride in our team, our culture and our relationships with tenants, strategic partners and investors, operating with responsiveness and authenticity at all times to grow those relationships and in turn, our company. We are driven by our passion for real estate, an entrepreneurial spirit and our mission to build the most prolific real estate investment platform in the Southeast. We research, we prepare, we work hard, we pioneer, we innovate, we improve, we learn, we grow, we celebrate success.
RealOp Investments, headquarted in Greenville SC, is seeking a Regional Property Manager responsible for maximizing the value of the owners’ investment in the assigned properties by directing the activities of property management on a day-to-day and strategic basis for a region within the Company; works closely with VP, Property Management, Asset Management, Accounting, and Leasing personnel. Manages a portfolio of properties and may or may not manage one property directly. Manages and leads other Property Managers. Initial responsibility may include 600,000+ square feet in 9 buildings.
- Assumes responsibility for property operations oversight and supervision
- Supervise and coordinate the operations of the region with staff to ensure that the daily business activity succeeds in creating a profit center for Ownership.
- Conduct routine property inspections to prevent and/or identify maintenance repairs, cleanliness and safety issues; supervise resolution with on-site staff.
- Participate in property tours associated with potential tenants, ownership, financing entities, sale of property, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively selecting and supervising staff
- Determine and recommend staffing changes to maximize efficiency.
- Supervise staff and complete annual employee evaluations.
- Coordinate the hiring of qualified staff. Interview and identify applicants for final selection as appropriate.
- Provide for the continuous on-the-job training programs designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all staff.
- Allocate and manage work load among staff to ensure completion is timely and accurate.
- Provide for the continuous on-the-job training programs designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all accounting personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and executing general administrative functions
- Supervise regional staff with regard to preparation, solicitation, negotiation and awarding of contracts for all property services including but not limited to: landscaping, janitorial, security, elevator maintenance, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, architectural, etc.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to tenant relationships and responsibilities; such as request for special services, problem resolution, relationship-building functions and events; observation and compliance to building operating policies, and tenant communications.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to preparation, solicitation, negotiation and awarding of contracts for all capital projects including tenant improvements and building improvements.
- Assumes responsibility for Tenant Relations and retention
- Supervise regional staff with regard to tenant relations in areas such as: request for special services, problem resolution, building goodwill and tenant satisfaction, observation and understanding of building operating policies, special events, tenant communication, moves and maintenance of Tenant Reference Guides for each property.
- Assumes responsibility for financial reporting, analysis, reforecast, collections, and audit
- Supervises regional staff with regard to property expenditures, appropriations and authorities granted under pricing strategy commitments, and recommendations to Asset Managers.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to development of property strategic plans and budgets for business market, in harmony with established ownership strategic plans and execution of strategic operational plans for each property.
- Supervise regional staff in preparing of annual operating and capital budgets for outlining the long-range strategy programs and five-year cash management and capital budgets for each property.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to collection and default proceedings.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to establishing guidelines and tracking A/R and A/P performance.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting including: variance report, executive summary, accounts receivable aging report, incident report, capital forecast and other reports as may be required.
- Supervise regional staff with regard to calculation of grossed up operating expenses and escalation billings for tenants, both estimated and actual.
- 25% travel required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Participate in civic and business organizations.
- Attend BOMA and/or IREM programs and activities or other RE industry organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, or accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years of previous relevant, qualifying commercial property management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in QuickBooks applications and Microsoft Office tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Yardi and MRI.
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively give instructions, work assignments, and/or directions to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to change course of action due to movement of industry.
- Ability to adapt in a non-routine, fast-paced and changing environment with strict deadlines.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion in providing legal advice, interpretations, and opinions and recommendations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong communication skills for networking with vendors, customers, property managers and general public.
- Strong coaching and training skills to guide team to resolve problems, make decisions quickly.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to speak formally and informally to groups of co-workers, staff in other organizational agencies, the general public, etc., and develop strong professional working relationships.
- Ability to persuade or influence others in favor of a service, point of view, or course of action.
- Ability to work independently or with others as a team member.
- Strong ethical standards, reliability, professionalism, positive attitude, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Maintain a high level of integrity for self and others.
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.