Job Summary: This position is an interdisciplinary role leading the client service and venture management efforts for Greystar. The Director role within the investor relations team requires the development of close collaborative relationships with the senior executive team, portfolio management and investment teams, investment accounting, legal/project finance and strategy and research teams with the aim of delivering high quality service and information to our to existing and prospective investors. This position requires frequent client contact, requiring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; in addition, product marketing, analytical, financial, time management and organizational skills, attention to detail as well as interest in real estate are a must. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional and timely client service to current and potential investors in commingled funds and separate account vehicles.
- Manage existing client relationships with the goal of deepening and expanding the assets we manage on their behalf.
- Manage new fund formation and venture management including preparation and review of marketing and investor materials, investor targeting and tracking, due diligence management, onsite meetings and investor closing / onboarding
- Prepare and oversee work on PPM’s, investor presentations, RFP’s/DDQ’s and other investor materials.
- Oversee investor communications.
- Develop innovative and creative ways to market investment products to Institutional Investors.
- Establish close collaborative relationships with portfolio management, finance and accounting, and senior management to provide exceptional client service to our investor.
- Keep abreast of competitors, including how they are positioning against us and how we can best position against them.
- Coordinate with capital raising to pursue new business opportunities globally to grow Greystar’s AUM.
- or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- 6+ years of work experience in an investor relations/portfolio management role with an adviser or manager of alternative investment strategies (such as real estate, private equity, or hedge funds) or comparable investment banking prior experience.
- Strong understanding of institutional private fund products and how these vehicles are structured with experience in perpetual life vehicles a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills to enable the delivery of concise and persuasive messaging as well as strong analytical, quantitative, writing and communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with an institutional client base.
- Ability to articulate and discuss fund/portfolio and underlying investments.
- Technological proficiency. Must have a keen understanding of technology best practices specific to the Investor Relations role
- Strong attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills including and ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy, a demonstrated ability to interact with senior executives, ability to adapt to different audiences and diplomatically assertive.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, marketing or related field
- Investor Relations
This job is no longer active.