Fritz Duda Company ( FDC ) is a Dallas-based real estate development and property management company with multi state holdings and development projects. Properties under management and development are located in Southern California, Nevada, Texas and Illinois. The Company also provides asset management services for family and affiliated entities and participates in selected joint ventures with other investment building firms.
FDC is seeking an experienced real estate professional to serve as CFO and Executive Vice President, reporting to the President and Board of Directors. This member of the senior management team will provide leadership and vision to grow the organization and ensure the financial strength and efficiency of FDC and its affiliated entities. Key aspects of the position include:
- Oversee all aspects of financial management & planning including cash flow, budgeting, forecasting, performance, risk management, treasury, long-term debt, and analyses of financial reports, projects and development opportunities.
- Provide insight and recommendations to the President on strategic initiatives, acquisition and divestiture of portfolio properties, including tax advantaged trades.
- Develop and maintain a financial and operational strategy, and provide measurable, consolidated monthly and annual financial results.
- Work with and supervise the Real Estate Controller to ensure the proper functioning of all accounting systems, software, internal controls and timely financial and tax return preparation.
- Manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements to the President and stakeholders.
- Maintain relationships with investors, lenders, and bankers.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, JD, and/or CPA preferred
- 5 years minimum experience as a CFO or equivalent experience in a finance and accounting position of leadership in the real estate industry
- 15+ years total accounting, banking or finance experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP and U.S. Tax code with an emphasis on real estate related issues
- Ability to perform as key team member in a small company environment
- Background coordinating IT and management reporting systems
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
Apply for this job