In 1996, Mark Edlen and Robert Gerding founded Gerding Edlen with the vision to approach real estate with the singular focus of creating places for people. They were committed to creating, developing, operating and owning vibrant properties that preserve the environment and positively reflect lifestyles of the future. This original vision remains—guiding Gerding Edlen and positioning it as a recognized national leader of sustainable development, which includes more than 75 LEED certified properties. Today, Gerding Edlen has evolved into a unique and dynamic investment management firm that owns, manages, develops and operates a portfolio of Class A, urban assets across the country. Our expertise in development and property management further adds value to our properties throughout the ownership cycle. Looking to the future, Gerding Edlen continues to create exceptional places that will improve our communities, environments and lives.
To help us in this journey, we are looking for your passion and expertise as our new Market Research Analyst. This is a new role on our team, so we need you to bring your experience and knowledge as you conduct market research, analysis and reporting for the Acquisition, Asset Management, Investment Management and Property Management teams that enable informed and effective decisions across key functions within the firm.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data from a variety of sources including third party research reports and direct phone and e-mail contact for input into deliverables.
- Analyze and report on local and regional economies with respect to employment statistics, major company activity, industry trends, and demographics.
- Perform in depth analysis of Gerding Edlen target markets including supply, demand, vacancy and rental rate analysis as well as other key metrics.
- Track, maintain, and disseminate detailed data for critical indicators including lease and sales comparable, development pipelines, and active tenants in the market.
- Lead quarterly office/apartment internal market reports, including, verification and final approval and analysis, writing reports with strong, supportable conclusions.
- Present market information and quarterly updates at meetings.
- Identify new market trends and provide analysis to senior real estate professionals.
- Support the Acquisition and Asset Management teams by providing market data and statistics for investment committee materials.
- Reach out to brokerage firms and third parties to gather and confirm information.
- Due diligence research on rent, expense, utilities, taxes and pre-development fees.
- Compiling other important market data in the markets where the Firm invests.
If the following applies to you, we want to hear from you:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to aggregate and interpret disparate pieces of information, synthesize the data, draw conclusions, and write a clear, succinct interpretation and summary of the information (writing samples may be requested).
- Proficiency with online programs and software (i.e. (Costar, Axiometrics, and American FactFinder, etc.).
- Ability to articulate analysis and recommendations in a clear, succinct manner verbally, in writing, and through presentations, to executive management and senior leadership.
- Knowledge of real estate market research and a dedication to, further learning real estate fundamentals.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- A commitment to teamwork and the ability to successfully interface, and build strong cross-functional relationships, with all levels of internal and external partners and team members, creating the best possible desired outcome for all parties.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree in political science, real state, urban studies, finance or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience performing research within the real estate industry.
- Experience in a major brokerage firm, market research firm, or national real estate investment firm preferred
- Familiarity with CoStar and Axiometrics required.
Gerding Edlen is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of generous benefits, including 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance for eligible employees. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.