This position will have three primary responsibilities: Manage the construction projects to be completed by NVC; Assist in the construction oversite of various projects being completed by Nvision Development; and build, grow and manage the construction company of the managed by Nvision Development. NVC has signed contracts to complete approximately $3 million in design build renovations and Tenant Improvement buildouts on properties owned by related companies. These projects are located geographically between Clearwater and Sanford. Additionally, as of November 2018, NVD is currently involved in the construction of over $300 million in projects to be completed through 2020.
Specifically, responsibility will include:
Specifically, responsibility will include:
- Managing through completion the $3 million of TI work to be constructed. This includes subcontractor procurement, project management, hiring supervision and labor, working with the client, designers, and end users on final design, and management of all tasks related to the buildout of the project.
- Manage all construction related issues on various projects, to include interviewing and selection of General Contractors, negotiation of construct budgets and managing costs through pre-construction, provide owner’s representative support to all stakeholders through the construction phase, and to manage the budget, schedule, and quality of all projects from start to finish.
- Leadership and motivation of the project team thru all phases of the project to include all consultants and contractors, clients, partners, purchasers, tenants and all other stakeholders.
- Responsibility for construction costs, negotiation of GC or subcontractor contracts (form of contract and values) participating in the process related to design, value engineering, and construction related issues as required. As each project may have different structure with clients, the reporting structure and level of authority may vary from time or project by project.
- Delivery of project, ensuring the project team and partners are consistently delivered above expectations and consistent with the approved mission statement and vision statement for the project,
- Fiscal responsibility to maintain the financial success and bottom-line of assigned development projects.
- Create, manage and monitor schedules from start to finish
- Understanding of performance standards (Specifications, quality, and completion) and implementation of quality controls at all levels.
- Provide, hire, or contract all required as-required on-site supervision, for all subtrades, quality control. Manage subcontractor meetings, RFI’s (verbal or written), submissions, and contracts.
- Maintain construction files including contact documents, permit documents, consultant instructions, change orders, meeting minutes, correspondence, Progress draws, weather conditions, etc.
- Nvision Construction, from time to time will take on various projects as a General Contractor. This company currently performs 2-5 small projects per year, with the ability to grow under the right candidate.
- This position, representing NVISION, will often act on behalf of the Owner with the project team of consultants, contractors, government officials, etc. Sound judgment, decision making, and leadership is a must, as is gaining an understanding for each project and client, the balancing of the role of as a consultant vs. decision maker. The successful candidate shall often determine recommendations to proceed and seek final buy-in from the client or other stakeholders.
As a Construction Manager, the IDEAL candidate would have a:
- A Minimum Five years’ experience managing all phases of construction and delivery and have experience with a variety of construction projects and types of construction.
- Minimum prerequisite: University/college degree and/or training in a construction related discipline, OR architecture, engineering, land planning to be considered as a viable alternate.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks on multiple projects simultaneous. The ability to thrive and survive in chaos is a must.
- Ability to take direction and implement the construction program in a timely manner with input from all stakeholders and in accordance with the project requirements.
- Core strengths in multi-family residential, apartments, condominiums, hotel, condominium hotels, commercial and/or retail development would be a strong asset.
- Specific experience in tropical climate construction and general technical understanding of climate impact on construction projects is beneficial.
- Strong people and interpretive skills, leadership, decision making abilities, and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with variety of stakeholders in a positive manner and develop strong working relationships in the future.
- Proven success and passion for the construction industry. Sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Strong Computer skills (proficiency in excel, word, outlook, etc) is a must as a minimum requirement.
- Local Candidates Preferred/ No relocation package offered.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job