We are looking for a talented Vice President of Investor Relations to join our team in our Chicago Corporate Office!
As a key contributor to the Investor Relations team, the Vice President of Investor Relations will work to help introduce and differentiate Waterton through an integrated communication program amongst investors and consultants. The Vice President’s goal will be to increase assets under management and contribute to the capital raising efforts for Waterton’s future funds.
Who is Waterton?
We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. Through a successful series of investment vehicles, Waterton has a demonstrated performance record of over 23 years that is top quartile amongst its peers. We value performance that exceeds expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor and Resident service excellence, or what we affectionately call Resitality®.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Brand Growth and Management: You will use your expert marketing skills to build and represent the Waterton “brand” and implement the client marketing strategy; differentiate and position Waterton and its funds from other firms seeking capital.
- Relationship Management: You will connect with a wide variety of institutional prospects, across channel-type, to drive new relationships in defined U.S. and Canadian markets and selected international regions. You will use your influence to cross-sell the firm’s products to existing and new clients where applicable.
- Collaboration: As a natural connector, you will use those skills internally to collaborate with senior professionals across Investments, Portfolio Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance and IT to ensure the firm’s best resources are introduced to potential investors, as well as involved in review of due diligence materials as needed.
- Collateral Development: You will have select oversight of development of marketing collateral, due diligence materials, and RFP responses, and you will ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all materials.
- New Product/Strategy Development: You will lend a hand in the development of new investment product offerings including, but not limited to, additional separate accounts to the platform with diverse return or market objectives in the multifamily space, as well as co-investments and other new strategies as deemed appropriate. This will also include lending a voice to company strategic planning initiatives as requested.
- Communication: You will use your highly developed communication skills to keep all stakeholders informed regarding status, roadblocks and other challenges and opportunities, and take initiative with projects as assigned.
- Employee Management: You will informally manage and mentor a team of Mid to Junior Level professionals to support and foster their skillset while enhancing team productivity.
- Overall: You’ll be an excellent teammate who embraces the Waterton Way and helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including sharing best practices on process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You’ve “been there, done that”. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 10-15 Years of investor-facing experience, with experience in the private equity real estate space strongly preferred.
- You have some credentials. We require Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, or other relevant course of study. An advanced degree such as an MBA is a huge plus! Series 7 and 63 NASD licenses or equivalent experience preferred.
- One of your super powers is relationship management. The successful candidate has existing investor and consultant relationships in the U.S. (outside U.S. a bonus) with those actively committing to and advising on closed end, separate account and/or co-investment multifamily strategies, including a detailed understanding of inner workings and decision process.
- Leadership is a strength. You have proven leadership and mentorship capabilities with junior and mid-senior level team members. You know how to get work done through other people with the ability to provide positive development and guidance through a coaching-style approach.
- You’ve got a proven track record. You can easily demonstrate proof points on your experience in investor relations and management within a complex real estate setting, demonstrating the ability to add value to the team as a whole.
- You’re a great communicator. Highly adept at building relationships, you understand how to employ and navigate a variety of communication strategies to make an impact, achieve goals, and keep all key stakeholders informed at all times.
- You’re a marketing master. You are a creative go-getter who will look for new and exciting ways to meet our capital raising goals while balancing a long-term view on market strategy and differentiation.
- You’re very tech savvy. You’d consider yourself an advanced user of Microsoft Office products, and learn job-based software quickly.
- You get legal details. You have a working knowledge of private placement memos, limited partnership agreements and other legal documents related to a real estate fund investment.
- You like change; you really like change. You can easily adapt as the situation warrants, and you are able to focus on multiple deadlines and change as the demands and fast pace requires. You also possess very strong project management skills, juggling big and small tasks alike with a positive attitude.
- You don’t mind travel. This position requires extensive travel within the U.S. and internationally, sometimes with shorter than average notice.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards to meet everyone’s needs including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives like an onsite gym
- Volunteer Time Off
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant - the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serve as the roadmap for how we treat each other: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality®!
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.