Millbrook Real Estate Company is seeking a Property Manager for its downtown Milwaukee location!
This position will maximize financial returns on real estate investments and maintain high levels of occupancy and tenant retention through coordination of leasing and business functions and the nurturing of superior tenant relations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
As a Property Manager with Millbrook, you will be responsible for communication and coordination with tenants, vendors and building staff onsite on a wide range of building issues; administrative functions relating to the daily operation of the property; and, administrative and project support to the General Manager of the property.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Handle day-to-day operations of commercial portfolio (loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, build-outs and other facility operations.
- Conduct annual insurance walk through
- Conduct annual appraisal/lender walk through (if applicable)
- Oversee all insurance claims, liaison between tenants and ownership insurance company
- Develop annual business/budget plan and administer operating expense budgets for property, process all invoices and other payments, and reconcile budget/ actual expenses at year-end.
- Review monthly financials and prepare all necessary reclasses and accruals
- Prepare monthly variance, capital & TI/LC monthly reports
- Prepare annual tenant reconciliation
- Monthly cash flow
- Prepare pre-bills for tenants based on new OpEx & ReTax
- Respond and facilitate tenant audits of OpEx
- Approve weekly payables
- Monthly review of rent roll and reconcile to stacking plans
- Assist Leasing agents as needed on showings, operating expense history, etc.
- Conduct walk through of vacant space, determine repairs/demo necessary to make more marketable
- Review and assist in new/renewal lease negotiation
- Abstract all tenant leases and amendments
- Draft new tenant commencement letters
- Ensure superior tenant relations by responding promptly and effectively to all tenant requests and inquiries, maintaining communication with tenants via meetings, newsletters, memos, etc., understanding rent charges, lease terms, building regulations, and other tenant concerns.
- Maintain and foster amicable working relationships with vendors, government agencies, and other members of the community.
- Oversee building improvement & TI projects, conducting progress meetings, collecting necessary lien waivers and track all expenditures.
- Develop RFP for all service agreements, competitively bid, award and maintain relationship with vendors.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner's policy on accounts receivable.
- Involvement in the real estate professional community is a plus in this position.
- Complete annual reviews of staff, midyear reviews and develop annual goals for each employee
Skills and Experience
- College degree or specialized vocational/technical training in real estate is required.
- Five years’ work in property management and commercial real estate.
- Experience with capital construction preferred.
- Must have broad understanding of finance, leasing, legal, marketing, construction, and the tenant relations requirements of managing a commercial property.
- PC literacy is required. Timberline knowledge is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation/communications skills.
- Positive, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently as a project leader and as a team member.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion is critical to success.
- Excellent time-management and general organization skills.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Professional appearance
- Asset Management
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.