BROADSTONE is a sponsor and manager of diversified real estate investment offerings for investors and institutions seeking income-oriented alternatives to the public equity markets. Boasting a heritage of commercial and residential real estate expertise and a ten-year track record under the Broadstone masthead, the firm has acquired more than $3 billion of real estate on behalf of investors via direct real estate transactions.
The Associate, Acquisitions will support the VP, Acquisitions in the origination and close of property transactions for Broadstone Net Lease. The ideal candidate will have experience in real estate financial analysis, research, underwriting and due diligence. The Associate, Acquisitions must be well organized and flexible along with strong interpersonal and presentation skills. This position reports to the Vice President, Acquisitions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the VP, Acquisitions in the sourcing process to identify prospective accretive transactions
- Complete analysis of prospective transactions including, credit analysis, property valuation, evaluation of tenant’s products/management and return analysis
- Assist in site visits of acquisition targets and communicate the value of working with the company tenants and owners
- Assist in the preparation of investment packages
- Conduct analysis of market conditions impacting acquisition and disposition opportunities
- Work closely with internal asset management team to support the due diligence process
- Research and identify national conferences to increase industry exposure
- Participate in the implementation of broker community and roadshow marketing efforts
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with external commercial brokers and prospective property sellers
- Additional duties as required
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Passionate about quality and accuracy.
- Experience in reading and evaluating property due diligence reports
- Understanding of financial statements and financial analysis used in underwriting
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate market, preferably as it relates to single tenant net leases
- Experienced information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Solid work ethic and a professional, proactive, and positive approach to work
- Work well independently and in a team. Self-starter and independent worker, but not hesitant to ask for direction when needed.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, handle frequent changes effectively and professionally and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Technologically savvy with effective internet research and database management skills
- Willing and able to travel when necessary. At time, travel may be on short notice and/or for multiple days.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business or finance from a four-year accredited college or university required
- 2+ years of commercial real estate experience preferably in an acquisitions role
- Experience in real estate financial analysis required
- Experience in single tenant net lease acquisitions preferred
- Specific experience in retail real estate a plus
The above description is not intended to define, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the functions of this position.