Vequity Construction, a retail/mixed-use real estate General Contractor located in Chicago, IL, is seeking a full time Project Engineer / Manager. The position is responsible for working with the project team in assisting with development of budgets, scope and schedule for developments throughout the Chicagoland area. Position will provide excellent client service, contribute to the growth of the company, enhance own professional and personal skills, and meet assigned financial targets.
The Vequity Construction Project Engineer/Project Manager’s responsibilities span a broad spectrum including assisting the project team in Project Estimating, Cost Management, Contract Administration, Safety Management, Change Order Review and Procedures, Project Administration, Shop Drawing Review, Subcontractor Bidding, and project management.
- Contract Administration: Participate in selecting appropriate subcontractors, preparing bidding documents, creating bid evaluations, analyzing bids, and making recommendations to the Project Manager on subcontractor selection using fair methods and practices. Participate in writing all subcontractor contracts and change order agreements for Project Manager's approval and signature.
- Estimating: Participate in preparing estimates for new projects, gaining knowledge of project comparison estimating, take-off estimating, and category square footage comparison estimating.
- Schedule Management: Participate in the preparation of project schedules utilizing historical averages, field resources, project management resources and industry resources. Participate in identifying project problems and gathering information on alternative solutions.
- Cost Management: Participate in the preparation of job cost reports utilizing accounting reports, field resources, and project management resources. Participate in the preparation of Applications for Payment to the project owner.
- Quality Assurance: Become familiar with the company’s Quality Assurance Program and specific project Quality Assurance programs including research and revision recommendations.
- Safety: Become familiar with the company’s Safety Program and participate in preparing specific safety measures and programs that are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Client Relations & Business Development: Participate in appropriate project coordination meetings with the owner or owner's representative. Become familiar with the company’s various proposal formats and participate in preparing new client proposals for review and approval by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Assisting in project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Position requires an experienced development manager with an established track record of success. Specific requirements include:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Three to five years of experience in the construction industry. Retail, Multi- or single-family housing, student housing, senior living, commercial, warehouses, or other industrial building experience a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively and work productively with others
- Other success factors include attention to detail, problem solving, reliability, thoroughness, positive attitude, professionalism, and an eagerness to learn
- Ability to use a computer, the Internet, and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.