Small South Orange County office for company active in providing venture capital to real estate companies is seeking an experienced analyst to assist management with the review of new opportunities as well as its existing venture investment portfolio. Ventures represent both ground-up development as well as value-add acquisitions of industrial, office, apartment, retail and self-storage in selected markets in the U.S.
Create and/or analyze financial models to determine and/or evaluate projected economic results of real estate venture submissions as well as existing venture projects. This will include modeling different assumptions to determine impact upon IRR/Multiples as well as assess financial viability;
Conduct focused market studies for projects utilizing brokerage companies, internet sources, government planning departments and sponsor submitted information to assess market assumptions, trends, and underwriting;
Preparation of monthly reports to senior management indicating status of ventures as well as proposed new opportunities;
Interact with property managers / venture partner staffs of portfolio assets / ventures
Periodic travel to venture project locations to meet with senior management, partners, brokers, etc. to inspect and assess status of venture developments/acquisitions;
Assist senior management sourcing new opportunities and markets.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial real estate experience – preferably as analyst in development/acquisitions; investment sales; finance; or asset management;
- Excellent real estate financial analytical skills/experience. Must have experience analyzing / creating / revising EXCEL models to prepare ‘what if’ analyses for proposed / existing real estate projects. Experience with ARGUS a strong plus.
- Self-starter with very strong communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with need to assess and reassess priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic plus attention to detail required.
- Bachelor’s degree required [Business, Finance or Real Estate]
Send resume and salary expectation to: mlaurer@mdicapcom.
Submissions absent this information may not be considered. This is a salaried ‘Associate’ position.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.