Summary of Position:
GAIA Real Estate is a New York based full-service real estate investment company with over $2.5 billion in assets under management. The company is backed by leading institutional and private capital, invests in high-end and value-added multifamily real estate nationwide and opportunistic condo conversion projects in New York City. GAIA Real Estate is a diverse company that embraces employees with a self-starter mindset, who are eager to learn and grow. The Analyst will be an integral part of the acquisitions team involved in all aspects of underwriting, due diligence and closing of investments. He/she will report directly to the Vice President of Acquisitions and will be interacting closely with partners of the company. The candidate will also assist the company’s asset management team on an ad hoc basis. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of relevant real estate finance, investment banking, or private equity experience and is highly versed in excel and real estate terminology, has good communication skills and can perform well in occasional high-pressure situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop cash flow projections for multifamily and condo conversion investment opportunities throughout the United States, with a focus on primary and secondary markets in the Northeast, Midwest and Sunbelt States.
- Prepare investment memorandum detailing investment rationale, market and property performance, execution risks, and prospective returns.
- Act as a company representative and a point of contact with brokers, lenders, joint-venture partners, vendors, and contractors.
- Assist in the due diligence processes and closing of new investments.
- Assist in coordinating the investment strategy, business plan and initial budgeting for new opportunities.
- Support asset management with quarterly and annual budgets, and ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate university.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant real estate finance, investment banking, private equity experience with a broker/owner/investor/operator (multifamily experience is preferred).
- Strong work ethic and eager to learn and develop as an investment professional.
- Outstanding quantitative and financial modeling skills in Excel.
- Excellent time management, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of project goals, deadlines and ability to develop and monitor specific plans.
- Ability to work individually or on a team.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to work independently balancing multiple projects.
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.