Rubicon Point Partners (“RPP”) is a real estate investment company investing in office and mixed-use properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and Pacific Northwest. We acquire up & coming assets in unparalleled locations and enhance value through hands-on asset management complemented by our creativity and out-of-box thinking. We focus on innovation-driven markets that benefit from diversity, fast-growing populations, concentration of young, educated talent, and Venture Capital Investment.
The Controller will manage the accounting, financial analysis and administration for a portfolio of real estate on the West Coast, working with our property managers, accountants and will support the CFO and Managing Partner in the management of the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Manage a small team of outsourced accounting and administrative professionals and coordinate with property managers at properties.
- Keep accurate and detailed financial records for a portfolio of income-producing properties with differing ownership structures.
- Oversee A/R, A/P and cash management for each property / entity. Ensure that effective control systems are in place.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for each entity.
- Help prepare regular communications to investors and lenders and insure compliance.
- Maintain investors’ capital accounts and oversee joint venture waterfall calculations.
- Coordinate annual budget process and intra-period re-forecasting with asset management teams.
- Manage job costing process for new development and capital projects at existing properties.
- Interface with outside auditors and tax preparers on annual audit and tax returns and tax analyses.
- Analyze financial results to identify issues and opportunities.
- Identify and help research cost savings and process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare budgets and requested financial analyses.
- Develop financial projections for capital investments under consideration.
- Assist in the management of Company’s human resources processes and insurance renewals.
- Support the Managing Partner and CFO in managing the day-to-day operations of the Company.
- Proven experience, with 10+ years of real estate accounting, tax / financial management experience. Recent real estate company experience is preferable
- Skilled with GAAP and tax basis accounting; CPA is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and experience with cash flow projections
- Capable self-starter with an ability to operate successfully in a less structured environment
- High standards of personal integrity and respect for the individual
- Demonstrated experience building and managing high performing teams
- Experience working with Real Estate Accounting software esp. Yardi
- Experience and knowledge of Human Resource practices – processes, procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with income-producing real estate a plus
- Experience in fund accounting and investors’ reporting a plus
A BA/BS Degree with a concentration in Accounting or other business discipline is preferred. Master’s is a plus.
We offer a market-competitive compensation package consisting of an attractive base salary with an opportunity to earn a performance bonus.
- Accounting / Control
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.