Fort Capital, LP – a hyper-growth real estate investment firm with over $220M in AUM in Fort Worth, TX, recently voted as "Best Companies to Work For" by the Fort Worth Business Press two years in a row,is looking to hire a VP of Acquisitions. Fort Capital began as a driven and dynamic group of people who were passionate about creating long-term value through unique, inspiring, and enduring real estate development and investment ideas. Since then, we have obsessively pushed ourselves to learn, ask thought-provokingquestions, and look beyond the norm – to create superior investments that enrich the lives of everyone we work with.We have investments in industrial, commercial, multi-family, land investments throughout DFW and El Paso, with plans to expand into other major Texas markets.
The VP of Acquisitions will be responsible for executing Fort Capital’s acquisition strategy for industrial and commercial assets through DFW and other major Texas markets. Responsibilities include acquiring valuable assets geared toward profitability and efficiency. Additional responsibilities include:investment analysis, negotiations, relationship management, purchase agreements, and investment packages.
We are looking for this position to help the firm achieve the acquisition of assets more than2M square feet of Class B industrial/flex within 18 months. Fort has a team in DFW that specifically focuses on due diligence and other administrative deal tasks once properties are under contract which provides more time and opportunity for the candidate to generate new investment opportunities.
The ideal candidate has 10+years ofexperience in acquiring industrial/commercial assets, understands investment analysis, negotiating anddeal-making,has a vast network, and understands how to evaluate and make relationships within new markets.
Included in that track-record,we’d like to see candidates who have purchased single assets at $20M+ as well as larger portfolios. We ask that the candidate be willing to provide a track-record of assets they’ve acquired.
This candidate will report directly to CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually search for current and future investment opportunities using a variety of methods, including digitized software
- Grow pipeline necessary to meet the division business plan goals
- Establish strong relationships with external sellers (banks, brokers, developers, owners)
- Oversee proforma financial analysis, negotiations, and purchase agreements
- Direct the information gathering and data collection for Investment Committee Review
- Implement and design action plans to achieve desired results
- Establish Acquisition goals that support the business plan
- Identify improvement areas. Will recommend process improvementsand implement final solutions
- Oversee and lead Investment Associate’s
- Create a positive, motivating, and challenging work environment to promote productivity
- Build strong relationships with internal departments such as:Development, Construction, Asset Management, Marketing, Investments, Finance
- Evaluate employee performance, provide continual feedback
- Recommend and participate in development plans and corrective actions when needed
This position’s primary office can be our Fort Worth or Dallas office. If our Dallas office, we would require 2days a week be spentin our Fort Worth office for 1styear.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage relationships with top-tier brokers
- Develop strategy for market penetration.
- Maintain a database of property ownersthroughout key submarkets
- Daily management of CRM software to track all leads
- Cold calling property owners
- Market research to develop acquisition opportunities
- Investment Underwriting and memo creation for Fort Capital’s Investment Committee
- Ability to communicate market conditions and information to the executiveteam
- Ability to lead Investment Associates and teach best practices
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of commercial real estate experience (preferably emphasized on industrial) in underwriting, with knowledge of the acquisition deal process
- 4+ years of proven management experience of small to medium-sized teams
- A demonstratedleader within commercialreal estate industry
- Understands market and industry trends
- Ability to connect with people, and develop and maintain professional relationships
- Action-oriented, with the drive to push acquisition opportunities to successful closure
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams and employee development
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Proven ability to lead and execute effective training sessions or conduct strong oral presentations
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/ormetrics
- Detailed knowledge of commercial real estate underwriting, including the development of cash flow forecasts and pricing metrics
- Track record of acquisitions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and move quickly through assignments to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about software and technology as a solution to create efficiency. Ability to adapt to new technology
- Base salary + bonus (on each property acquired) + long-term participation in the carriedinterest of each deal
- Applicant must be able to work 50+ hour weeks, plus weekends on occasion
- Fort Capital will pay 100% of employee’s healthcare benefits. Thisis for employee only, not the entirefamily. Dental and vision are paidseparately. A $50,000 life insurance policy will be givento employee free of charge
- All business conducted under this position will be for Fort Capital andno independent brokerage activities will be allowed
- We have immediate availability for the right candidate
APPLY TODAY to be a part of one of the fastest growing real estate investment companies in Texas. Please include resume, salary requirements, andreferences.
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job